Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed on IDOC segents mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement.

The scenario is File -- XI -- IDOC and inside mapping i have a RFC look up. The file is as below.

ConractNumber1, line item1 Price, line itm1UOM,etc...

ConractNumber2, line item2 Price, line itm2UOM,etc...

ConractNumber3, line item3 Price, line itm3UOM,etc...

The busniess requiremetnt is as below.

There is a existing contract data in R3 and for every contract there are line items. In the text file i have existing contract number and some line items. What i need to do is,... i need to add my line items at the end of the contrat in R3. For this reson.. there is a custum RFC is alreay in place, which takes Contratnumber as in put and returns NEXT AVAILABLE position to update line item for that contact.

Here I can write A RFC look up and get Next Availeble Position from RFC into PI mapping.... But my problem is i need to map that value IDOC Segment to look like E1EDK01[NEXT AVAILABLE Poistion].

I know that we can do this by adding subtree provision in mapping... But is is not dayamic... like if i duplicate sub tree... i will get E1EDK01[1]... But not E1EDK01[54] where 54 is value form RFC lookup.

Here Text file contains recrods 1...Infinity..

ecah and every record contains its own contract data and one line item to be added. next record may contain diffrent contract data or same contract data along with one more line item.

Kinldy share your thoughts how to go ahead. I want to know how mapping should be done for that partcular idoc segment like E1EDK01[54] where 54 is value form RFC lookup

Thnx

Subbu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I could not understand why you want the next available position to appear with E1EDK01 segment. I think as per your requirment you need to look for a field in IDOC where you can pass the next available position so that while posting the IDOC the Line item is posted at right place.

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

As i mentioned, i can only know about next available position after calling RFC look up... After that i can pass the value as you saild.

Thanks

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is your problem solved?

Shweta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

resloved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

resloved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

Its a good pratice to close a thead. But while closing any thread, if you can provide an issue resolution for the thread, it would be helpful for other people who get to your thread while looking for a solution for the same type of issue.

Thanks,

Pooja