cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Time Out Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PI Gurus,

I have BPM scenario as where in I am picking a XML file from FTP folder and generating multiple idocs and then sending these IDOCs to SAP Target System.

This is working fine if the xml file is generating idocs less than equal to 5000 Idocs but when this is more the BPM keep on running and times out as value of parameter rdisp/max_wprun_time in Rz11 is 1200.

Our BPM looks as below

Start --> Async Receive Step --->Transformation Step >Block Start>Async Send -->Block end -->Stop.

Transformation Step - for Splitting xml and generating the IDOCs.

Mode for Block Step is ForEach.

Earlier we were doing this without BPM but in that case IDOC genration program on out target SAP system was Timing out bcoz of the parameter "rdisp/max_wprun_time ".

Can you please suggest a way to get rid of the Time out issue..?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check this blog once..

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/06/08/xi-timeouts-timeouts-timeouts

it might be helpful.

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joel,

Thanks for the Reply. We do not want to increase the value of the "rdisp/max_wprun_time " as this will have implications when we have lots of Batch jobs running on the system.

Is there any other way to resolve this ?

Edited by: PIRocker on Apr 9, 2009 6:23 AM

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think there is any other option and moreover i am not telling you to increase the value drastically just do some trial and error and use the value that just satisfies your requirement.

There is some day and night funda explained in the link

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/4a/2d513897110872e10000009b38f889/content.htm

Go through it.... thats the last point i could give to convince you.

Regards

joel

Edited by: joel trinidade on Apr 9, 2009 10:42 AM

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi PI rocker,

It amazes me that you only tell the problem and the solution to . Since you know that there is time out problem because of a parameter why not increase that parameter itself.

Its just the most obvious thing you should do

Regards

joel

PS: You can specify values between 5 and 3600 (between 5 seconds and one hour).

additionally look up page 14 in the guide https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9d1b49ff-0701-0010-53ba-ab1d6679....

Edited by: joel trinidade on Apr 9, 2009 9:25 AM

Edited by: joel trinidade on Apr 9, 2009 9:29 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the below thread might solve ur purpose...

[;

Regards.

Siddhesh