cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMS question

Former Member
0 Kudos

guys,

we have been in production since a couple of months. Till now, we were importing the requests into qa and production manually from the import queue. Now, I would like to automate a couple of things.

I have 3 system landscape with following clients: DEV 100 (master configuration), DEV 200 (unit testing), QA 100 (master qa client), QA 200 (testing client) and PROD 100 (production client). I would like that everything that is released from DEV 100 gets imported into the 2 QA clients. I understand that I would need to setup the transport route for this. However, I dont understand how does the background import job differentiates between the workbench requests and customizing requests, because once a workbench request has been released from DEV 100, it does not make sense to import it into DEV 200 and also the second client in QA because it contains client independent changes ????

My second question is regarding the QA approval procedure. I would like that only the approved requests from QA should go into the import buffer of production. Then There should be a periodic job in production that imports these requests. How do i accomplish this ?? Also, what happens to the requests that have been rejected in QA ?? do they still remain in the QA import buffer ??? Obviously thats not we want.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this would be possible with Client-specific transport targets. The transport targets of consolidation and delivery routes can specify a client. Client specific transport targets are in the form of <SID>.<client> (for example, QAS.100). Transport target groups would combine several client-specific transport targets under a symbolic name. .

Also, what happens to the requests that have been rejected in QA ?? do they still remain in the QA import buffer ???

Yes, they would.. you would reject a request in QA only after importing it in QA. so if you reject it would still be there in QA import buffer and will be inactive at PRD import queue. thats why its recommended not to reject request, but however if any fix is required, to be done in a susequent request and then transport both requests together.

When you choose the transport button in STMS import queue, there would be a option to schedule the job. When the job is scheduled periodically, it would do the import based on the import strategy (single/mass). Follow the below link for details.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/65/8a99386185c064e10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

Regards,

Debasis.