Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNC tab on SU01 - make it invisible or uneditable

0 Kudos

Dear all,

We are looking for a alternative to make this tab/field SNC unchangable or invisible in SU01 ?

Could you please suggest ?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

5 REPLIES 5

fredrik_borlie
Contributor
0 Kudos

Make tab invisible?

You have enabled it because you have set the system parameter:

snc/enable to 1

See SAP help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/59/e74eec7c394322869c752947412bb2/frameset.htm

But if you really want to still have SNC enabled and hide the tab, then you need to create a screen variant using SHD0 and replace the standard screen with this variant.

I also want to give you the tips of using the SAP report RSUSR300 to populate the SNC string.

Good luck!

Fredrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the same approach (transaction variant) as in your previous question about the SMTP address, particularly if you have already made that change.

Other options you might want to take a look into:

- If I remember correctly, the check in SU01 SNC tab is the same as the check in SNC1 => it is checking the maximum authority. They user needs * for the user group of object S_USER_GRP. Please check that to see whether exclusing something will prevent use of it completely.

- I heard about BAdI's which have replaced the previous user exists in SU01. Perhaps one of them are capable to influencing the visibility of the tabs, now that SNC is always visible.

- Use SU01D for everything, and create your own little user administration transaction to do that which you still need SU01 for (considering that SSO and user provisioning replaces much of it's work, as per your previous questions). Roles can be assigned in PFCG.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thought will ask my question here... If we hide the SNC tab by updating the screen variant of SU01 and allow the SNC updates only throught USRACL table, then we are not able to see the change history via. RSUSR100N report. How can I see the changes made to an user's SNC parameter via. USRACL table? It will be nice if we can see it by executing the RSUSR100N report.

0 Kudos

I am able to see the changes to the table via. SCU3 but not for individual users or via. RSUSR100 or RSUSR100N reports.

0 Kudos

>It will be nice if we can see it by executing the RSUSR100N report.

You should be able to anyway. The maintenance view uses the same screen program as the SU01 tab so I suspect that the change docs are written as well.

Last time I checked, the application change docs were populated (CDPOS) so RSUSR100N should be able to give you this information if your support package level is high enough (not older than 1 year).

Cheers,

Julius