cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function Libraries in PI 7.1

susan_pfab
Participant
0 Kudos

I want to create a global user-defined function in PI 7.1 (function library) with Imported Archive files. My Archive files contain *.java and *.class files. I have added the archive files to the Archives Used tab in the function library. On the import instructions, I added the correct entry. Do I have to add my functions to the "Functions and Java Areas" section? Or should those come in automatically from the achive files? I thought having the achive files with the code in them would allow me to avoid having to type in all the code on the right side?

Here's an example of what I have:

Imported Archive named JA_MapUtilities containing the following files:

Name Path

RFCLookup.class com/xxxx/rd/pi/map/

RFCLookup.java com/xxxx/rd/pi/map/

Created a Function Library and imported JA_MapUtilities to the Archived Used tab. On the Import Instructions tab, I added the following entry:

com.xxxx.rd.pi.map*

Is my Import Instructions entry correct, with the wildcard? What do I do next?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the function library once the Import instruction is added, make sure In the Archive Used section the imported archive is added.

The functions should appear automatically in the functions and Java areas.

Regards,

Sumana

susan_pfab
Participant
0 Kudos

They did not appear automatically in the Functons and Java Areas section, and I do have it on the Archives Used tab. Does it matter that my Archive Used has both .java and .class files?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry what I meant is once you have the imported archive added you can use the imported archive's functions/classes directly in the message mapping and it should work.

Edited by: Sumana Chakraborty on Apr 9, 2009 1:15 AM

susan_pfab
Participant
0 Kudos

But they are not coming up automatically in the Functions and Java Areas section and do not show available in the Message Mapping. This is the problem.