Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM with any other Component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Does MDM knowledge itself fetches job?

Do we need to learn any other SAP tools(XI,EP, CRM...) or any other functional modules (HR,FICO,MM...) along with MDM. I see requiremnts only for experienced persons that too min of 5 yrs experience. They need 4yrs of experience in SAP and 2yrs of MDM. If this the case how about the freshers. If we are not given a chance , then how can we prove ourselves. I contact may recruiters they too ask for same "Min 4ys of experience".

Leading companies like Accenture, Cognisent, Delloite, IBM...etc are also not hiring freshers. Can anyone tell me how to approach. How to plan things and work on them accordingly inoder to get a break in this field.

Can you also please tell me how to test my MDM skill set.

Thanks in advance.

Suchir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suchir,

Does MDM knowledge itself fetches job?

MDM can fetch you a job even you are 2 years of experienced. Thats the best part about MDM that even in the times of recession, companies are going with MDM implementation and support projects. The next best thing is that there are not many people in MDM. So if you have worked in any real time projects ( even 1), then you can get a job. I have seen many people getting it in past 2 months.

Do we need to learn any other SAP tools(XI,EP, CRM...) or any other functional modules (HR,FICO,MM...) along with MDM. I see requiremnts only for experienced persons that too min of 5 yrs experience. They need 4yrs of experience in SAP and 2yrs of MDM. If this the case how about the freshers. If we are not given a chance , then how can we prove ourselves. I contact may recruiters they too ask for same "Min 4ys of experience".

If recruiters are aksing for 4 years of experiences, then too it would be difficult for them to find any such resource as MDM is very new and getting that kind of skill set will be difficult. As the financial year has started, you can expect more jobs noe. Definitely if you have multiple skill set it will benefit you in your interviews. Knowing Functional aspect is even better as that becomes a rare combination.

Leading companies like Accenture, Cognisent, Delloite, IBM...etc are also not hiring freshers. Can anyone tell me how to approach. How to plan things and work on them accordingly inoder to get a break in this field.

Can you also please tell me how to test my MDM skill set.

May be correctly mentioned that leading companies might be looking at someone who is complete in MDM knowledge in all aspects but there will be opportunities for technical people with 2 years of real time experience. I will suggeest you to go ahead and start building up functional skill set if you are looking at such big firms. SAP- MM, SD etc.

You can sit for the MDM certification to test your SAP-MDM skill set and also try to attend SAP-Teched to meet other MDM experts. This would help you to rate yourself in MDM area.

Hope this info gives you some insight.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suchir,

Kindly update the thread if your query is answered,So that others with similar problem can refer it in future.

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suchir,

Along with theoritical knowledge, need to have a good real time experience too.

Having knowledge about EP, XI, BI ... wrt the MDM integration with them is no doubt a big plus point. Because MDM is not stand alone, it will be integrated with other systems.

Knowing HR,FICO,MM... is a Functional aspect. But as a Technical Consultant, acquire the knowledge of EP, XI or BI.. atleast wrt MDM.

Suchir, I know the market is tough now. May be what I can suggest you is get Certified in MDM. That will be a big plus point as there are not many who are Certified and being Certified certainly gives an edge.

Try answering questions in the forum, you can have an idea where you stand. But again Certification is also a good thing to do.

Hope it helps.

Thank you,

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suchir,

As rightly mentioned that SAP-MDM knowledge alone does not sell too much.

But this is true for any other technolgy just being a core specific technolgy person does not work be it in ABAP or JAVA or any thing else cross skills are always prefered and recommented.

As with MDM it is not just an option but a Mandate to have cross skills along with MDM .As MDM is basically an Integartion tool that integrates with different systems to manage the master data .Therefore you need to have understanding of other netweaver components as well to be an all rounder

If you are aware and have experience in SAP EP ,SAP XI, SAP BI and SAP ABAP it will definitely help .Along with this a functional understanding of master data is a must.

So you can accordingly sharpen your skills in the above areas besides improving your MDM skills to project yourself well.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto