Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

EVDRE error - error retrieving data from webserver

I have a EVDRE report that produces the 'Error retriving data from Webserver' message for a particular Account node.

This is a "1x2" evdre expansion with time dimension for column and Entity account for row expansion. When trying to expand one particular Account memeber to BAS (I.e. total_expense), the error would occur. Expand to BAS works well for parent or child member of this particular member (i.e. all account or Salary). I also tried to use LDEP(3, Total_Expense, Y) which is the base level, that works fine. Expand using DEP also works for this particular member. So far we have reprocessed the application many times. We also tried to update the account dimension by delete and then add back the member. Nothing worked.

On the EVDRE log, I can see that the evdre is brining back data, but it gives 'error parsing data' at some point, then the whole thing terminates.

Any idea why this happens?

I am wondering about veresion of BPC you are currently using now. There is a known issue regarding decompress dataset in client computer. If your version is above BPC 5.1 SP3, please take a look SAP note 1231889.

If you cannot take a look SAP note, just execute following query in your appset SQL database.

INSERT INTO [dbo].[tbldefaults] (Userid, Type, App, KeyID, Value) VALUES(N'_INTERNAL', N'SYSTEM', '', N'DO_COMPRESS','0')

Hope it would work.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question