cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VS 2008 & CR 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on a web project which was originally developed in VS 2003 and Crystal 10. I have upgraded it to VS 2008 and CR 2008. I installed the Crystal Reports 2008 on the dev box and Crystal Report Server 2008 on the Report Server (Windows Server 2003).

I see references on my dev box for Crystal Reports 12.0.2000.0 (this is the dll for the .NET 2.0 framework, I think) in the C:\Windows\Assembly (GAC) but I dont see the same version of CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine in the C:\Windows\Assembly (GAC) of the Report Server and what I have there is 12.0.1100.0. How do I get the 12.0.2000.0 version to the report server so that the versions are the same and my reports would get created?

In fact, in the report server box, the GAC has only 12.0.1100.0 as the latest version for all the CR related files. How come the development is different than the report server installation. I've also checked the installation folder to see only 12.0.1100.0 and I think I need to install all the 12.0.2000.0 to GAC. How do I achieve that?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

was the 2.0 framework installed to the Report server before installing the CR2008 runtime? Also, how did you deploy the runtime to the Report Server?

If the server you are deploying to has both frameworks (1.1 and 2.0) installed, then both versions of the CR2008 runtime should also be installed (note that not all assemblies have an equivalent 12.0.2000.0 dll, but the CD.CR.Engine should, most of the CD.RAS.* assemblies do not). If you did have the 2.0 Framework installed and you used the CR 12 runtime MSI to install the CR runtime, then another check is to make sure that the 2.0 framework has the latest service pack applied which will install some CR framework dependancies (depending on how you deployed).

info on where to find deployment packages can be found [here|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/crystalreports] under the "Crystal Reports 2008 Service Pack Reference" link.

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

The .NET framework was installed before I installed the CR Server 2008 software. Also, I checked and there is no 1.1 framework installed, but I have .NET framework 2.0 SP2, .NET Framework 3.0 SP2 & .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 on the report server.

What I dont understand is, if I am using a Server software, why do I have to deploy runtime components to the server?

In any case, where do I find the runtime components for the CR Server 2008. Also, again, how do I know what Crystal Report Server 2008 version I am running? How do I know if SP1 is installed or not?

I checked the link https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/bobj/crystalReportsforVisualStudio.NETRuntimeDistribution-Versions9.1to12.0 and there is no place to download CR Server 2008 components but there is for SP1, but still the version I have is 12.0.2000.0, where as in this link it is 12.0.2700.0 which again could be incompatible.

Please help, I am in dire need.

former_member184995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your biggest problem is that there is no .NET SDK for Crystal Reports Server 2008 so you can not use it with your .NET application.

I believe you are confused as to what is required to deploy your application.

Crystal Reports Server is not just a server edition of Crystal Reports, they are completely different things. Crystal Reports Server 2008 is essentially Business Objects Enteprise that is not scalable and is a totally different SDK and way of doing things.

If you developed your application just using VS.NET and Crystal Reports 2008 then you do not need nor will your app be using Crystal Reports Server 2008. You would just deploy the Crystal Reports 2008 runtimes to the app server and run the reports from a file path on that machine.

Jason

Answers (0)