cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BADI BBP_PRODCAT_HIER Product Category Hierarchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are planning to replicate the Product categories(material groups) from R/3 ECC 6.0 to SRM 7.0. I have implemented the BADI BBI_PRODCAT_HIER. But for somereason when we execute the transaction R3AS - to load the product categories this BADI is not getting triggered.

Did any one implemented this BADI? if so could you please explaing which time this BADI is getting called.

i have gone thru all the threads regarding this, it will be great help if you can tell me about the BADI use and when we do replicating at what point this BADI is getting triggered.

Appreciate your help..

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinoth,

I quite surprised, why you want to implement the badi for replicate the product categories? Is there any customer specific requirements?

As per the standard SRM replication process, you can use use below methods for replicating material groups.

1.In Transaction code R3AC3, select the Object DNL_CUST_PROD1 and add the table MARA and set up the filter requirements for MARA-MATKL(Material Groups), then synchronize the filters and then select the object DNL_CUST_PROD1 in Transaction code R3AS for initial upload. Once completed this activity product categories should be replicated from ECC to SRM

2. In Transaction code R2AR2, set up the request for DNL_CUST_PROD1 for MARA-MATKL(Material Group) then run the Transaction code R3AR4 with DNL_CUST_PROD1. This replication also will pull all the R/3 backend material groups from ECC to SRM.

Best Regards,

NMK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nmk,

Yes you are right, But we need to maintain a product category Hierarchy 3 levels as per client requirement that is the reason we activated this BADI.

Thanks

Answers (0)