cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while creating item proposal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to SAP SD.

While creating Item proposal, keep on getting error "material 1486 is not defined for sales org. GB01, dist. channel 30 and language DE".

Please help

Thank you

Brian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to extend the material on MM01 to be used for sale on that sales area.

Regards,

RP

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It helped a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi brain

Go to T-code MM01 give your material number, Industrial sector and material type

then select Sales: Sales Org. Data 1

Sales: Sales Org. Data 2

Sales: General/Plant Data now give the necessary data in that view asterthat save and come back.

Now you can create itam proposal.

Thanks

Anto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go To MM02 extend the material to the required sales area, i e GB01 Dist channel 30 and check the what languange u r maintaining

any problem revert back

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

This is mainly because of the language difference in the sales org

Goto change mode for that material and in the Additional tab give the langage DE for that material

You have to give the maintain in DE langage because the Sales organisation GB01 wold have defined with DE langage

Hope it will resolve

regards

santosh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to MM02, key in the material code 1486 and click on "Select views" and select the following views:-

a) Sales: Sales Org. Data 1

b) Sales: Sales Org. Data 2

c) Sales: General/Plant Data

Now click from bottom tab "Organisational levels" and see in which sales area and plant the material code is created.

Once you go to the material master, click on "Additional Data" tab and see what language is maintained under the sub tab "Descriptions". It should have been EN but in your case, I feel, DE is maintained. Change it to EN and save.

Now create item proposal once again and post the feedback.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The material must exist in the sales area (i.e. sales org, dist channel) of the order being created. The error means the material hasn't been created for the same sales area as the order you're attempting. You can "extended" (i.e. create the material in the needed sales area) via trans MM01 -- if you're not familiar w/material master suggest get help from a MM person.