Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have some question.

1) system already implemented and now is using as a templet, please some one explain what is the meaning of that, what should i need to do,any document or comment, please give me?

2) i need to creat DSO templet and use this templet to create other DSO or any enhancement done though this DSO. for that purpose need to right a program, Please some one guide me how to complete those taks,

Please, Please help me.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pria,

From your query, I understand that

1. you have a system which is already implemented.

2. Now, you need to use the existing objects in the system as template

3. You need to create a DSO using an existing DSO as a template (for this, you check which DSO should be used as a template to create the required DSO)

4. After creating the DSO as a template (means creating a DSO as a copy of already existing DSO),

you need to do some enhancements (adding the required fields which the client must have communicated to you)

5. Here you need to check if the enhancement has to be done in the extractor level.

6. Once the extractor is enhanced, you need to populate the values to the added fields via coding.

Let me know in case you need more clarification.

Sasi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pria,

A template installation is something like a preconfigured version of the system. Something like you can configure your widows like the way you want it and then take an image and redeploy the same elsewhere. A template wokrs pretty much the same way.

As for your second questions = could you give more details please..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thanks for your reply.

can i get any document for template or any step by step guide, what are the basic steps?

for 2nd question.

suppose if we have 10 DSO and need to change or add some fields or changing routines, for that purpose we need to use the DSO template and i guess i need to right a program for change or add fields or changing routines in all dso using template DSO.

Please help me

Thanks

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure if such a program exists .... you could look at creating DSOs with a particular DSO as a template - you will have a input box for the same - this will import all the settiings and infoobjects from the first DSO at the time of creating but then you can go ahead and modify the created DSO . I do not think there is any way you can control changes to the created DSO by changing the original DSO - but then why would you want 10 DSOs with the same structure ..?

As for documentation on template - not sure if you can find any but then if you are talking about a template installation - then it is a preconfigured installation which is usually done by BASIS...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Could you please tell me, as a BW developer, what are the activities i need to do after templete installation.

Thanks

ravindra_tumuluri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

What do you mean by template installation ? What exactly you are trying to do ?

Template installation has different meanings.

- For one country you finished the implementation. For next country rollout, you would like to take the first country as a template and do the customizations specific to second country.

This is what are you trying to do ?

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Yes you are right, do you have any guidline or document?

Thanks,

Pria

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you already have a template to install - it should something like a client copy which BASIS would do...

This would mean that activities post install are largely related to testing and minor enhancements wherever applicable...