cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS Bank Key Error Message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I want to customize ESS Bank application error message.Whe we don't enter input for routing number it gives the following message "Enter the bank key". I wanted to customize that error message. I could not locate it in WebDynpro DC. Any input on this highly appreciated.

Thanks

VJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its not possible to track the error message in WD if you are using the standard ESS package.

Basically all these are coming from Backend. and the error is standard and it is displaying for all the country whoever using this type of bank information. If you customize the standard message then it will effect the other country's bank message.So before changing the message text first be sure how many countrys are sharing the same message then ask the abap'er to change the message text.

Thanks'

Kanai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using only for US (one country). Also we dont have any Abaper to do that. I have to do that.

If you could tell me the steps to do that would be great.

Thanks

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please let me know what message is displaying in bank DC??r u getting the message while pressing the review button.?in which field??

Thanks

Kanai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kanai,

In Bank application - In Edit Mode.... if i give empty value for Bank Routing Number and pressing Review button then i get that error.

This is the error message: Enter the bank key

I wanted to change that message to : Enter the Routing number.

Thanks

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the error is coming from the Bapi, there will be a strandard error node in the bapi that will give the wd application to display the error, request the RFC developer to change in the back end,

find out the node erroreturn in the model, and pass the information of RFC to the abap developer,

otherwise, if you want to customize in WD application, you have to go to perticular method which is throughing the error and you can change there by calling ur own message from message pool.

Cheers,

Apparao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Apparao,

We dont have any abaper to do that. Can you tell me how to customize that message.

Thanks

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

That error message is coming from the R/3 system rather than the Webdynpro DC....

Regards,

Shikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Skithil,

Can you please tell me how can i customize that message.

Thanks

Vijay