cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exit Buttons in ESS - SKL component.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am having an issue with the exit buttons in our ESS/SKL or the qualifications component.

The Exit buttons on these screens seem to be visible to some and not to others. I initally thought that it might be a role issue, or maybe a code deployment issue between the load balance servers.

But have not been able to pin point it.

Has anybody had this issue before? If so ... how did you fix it?

Thanks

Dean

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dean,

Actually, it is the expected behavior. Exit button only appears if you navigate using links in the area pages. Then, when user click on the Exit button, the last area page where the user came from will be displayed again. For example, if you launch an application using a quick link in the main Overview page, it will go back here if you click on Exit button. But, if you click a link from the Personal Info area page, click Exit will bring you back to Personal Info area page. If you navigate using the Detailed Navigation (or using second level navigation) of the portal the Exit button will not appear because the application does not know where to go when you exit.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Erwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ... thanks for your reply ... but, I think you might have mis-understood my question.

The issue is not the navigation of the exit button ... but the button it self is not available to some users but some login to the same page and get the exit button available.

Any ideas?

Dean

Former Member
0 Kudos

OH .. I think I might have mis understood you! My mistake ... I see what you are talking about.

Let me look in to this more closely.

Thanks!

Dean

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are everyone using IE. Make sure you use Internet explorere and not other browsers.

Regards

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes corprate standard is IE 6. No support is provided for other browsers.

So yes all users are on IE.

Thanks.

Dean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It might be a webdynpro personalisation issue. May be the user has made personilasation by hidding the EXIT button.

You sure you can clean up personilasation.

Regards

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure what you mean by ... "You sure you can clean up personilasation."

Is this a code side change or something on the config of the portal?

Thanks.

Dean