SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to use FICAX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello X'perts,

Can you tell me what are the limits recommended to jump from AR (Accounts Receivable) to FICAX.

FICAX is industry independent.

Number of customers, Number of documents, etc.

I know this is not an exact number, but surely there are some limits where you would recommend the use of FICAX instead of AR.

Regards,

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RBK

Now u r working on only in AR but FICAX is Contract account Receivable and Payable, means its cover all accounts part.

In FICAX u can do

Document Postings, Tax Postings, Open items management, Account balance display etc.

U can also do basic business transactions : Debit entries and credit memos, Security Deposits, Payments, Interest calculations, Dunning, Returns, Deferral and Installment plans, Write-Offs etc.

Regards

Mandeep Kaur

0 Kudos

Mandeep, I am clear about what business processes are covered within FICA and AR, what I need to know is:

What is the maximum Number of customers or documents that AR would be able to handle, before jumping to FICA.

Another question is what is proximately the maximum number of customers that FICA is able to handle.

Kind regards.

0 Kudos

Hi RBK,

The maximum no of customers or Documents in AR and FICA allowed are the maximum of the Number ranges that customer object and the Document no ranges assigned to the Document Type. And it also depends upon the system landscape and the Data size your server can handle.

Ex: The maximum no ranges allowed for Customer in AR ... 16 digits i.e., 9,999,999,999,999,999

and for FICA, Business partner ... 10 digits i.e, 9,999,999,999

Pls., see the maximum no allowed of Customer in AR and FICA and for Documents in GL accounting.

More over the customer in FICA is dealt as a Business Partner but not as customer.

There is a legal liability to be treated as a Business partner by creating a Contract Account for the Customer.

FICA is a part to capture the financial related data for the Industry specific solutions. Whereas the AR is for the Generic business solutions.

Hope this clears your point.

Regards,

Mandeep Kaur