Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Anyone Have Success w/MDX Expression to get a Top N from BEx Qry Universe?

I have a need to generate several Top N results for Xcelsius dashboards using data from a universe built on a SAP BW BEx Query Based Universe. I had limited success using the MDX Rank function in an Expression in the universe - it works only with very limited amounts of data. But with larger data volumes I never get a response back in my QaaWS going thru the universe.

I have been able to use the Rank function in the BW transaction MDXTEST and gotten results in just a couple of seconds against the large cube, but don't get a response back when going thru a universe after 30 minutes.

I can see on the BW side that the underlying SQL stmt that retrieves data from the database to load into the OLAP cube takes less than a second to run. So it seems like there might be some sort of problem withthe genreated MDS syntax.

Has anyone had success with Top N against a BEx universe? Is so can you share? I am at BW 7.0 SPS17 (aka SP19).

Thanks,

Pizzaman

Former Member
Former Member replied

Thanks Didier for helping us out with our static filter

<FILTER EXPRESSION="Rank([ZINJTYP].CurrentMember, Order([ZINJTYP].CurrentMember.Level.Members, [Measures].[4LHE47F085PB05QJI89XHXM3X], BDESC))"><CONDITION OPERATORCONDITION="LessOrEqual"><CONSTANT CAPTION="8"/></CONDITION></FILTER>

It worked.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question