cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase requisition through MRP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My requirement to generate PR automatically through MRP and it is not. prod. storage location in material is 0001 and it is excluded from MRP storage location stock (It is mandatory as per the requirement). Then i extended the material to another SLOC 0002.

And I think after MRP run it should generate PR for SLOC 0002 but its not.

Can anybody explain me why it is not generating PR for 0002?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Have u coppied the stock which is in ST 1 to your Storage locati 2 if not please transfer the stock and now again run the MRP run with Storage location 2

Hope it will help u

Regards

ramanujam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Stock is not available in slc 0001, it is zero.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anybody please go through and provide me the solution.

I set the material for manual reorder point planning and still it is generating dependent requirement for storage location 0001 instead of generating purchace requisition.

Former Member
0 Kudos

THere may be three reasons..

The material 's mrp type may not be PD..

THe material may be in stock sufficiently..

or there will be already existing POs for that material...

please check them

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Default storage location for external procurement should be maintained in MARC-LGFSB ("Storage loc. for EP" on MRP2 of material master).

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

In material master prod stor loc is maintained as 0001.

But when i see table (MARC) entries for plant, material and sloc 0001, it is showing blank but if i enter 0002 on selection "no table entries found for suitable key"

Please advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Devon,

Preference will come to prod issue loc maintained in MRP2 view even though if this is excluded from MRP, hence if you mainatined 0001 as prod issue loc in MRP-2 view then PRs will be created for this storage only.

if you do not want to disturd this and wants PRs for 0002 then maintain this 0002 as stoarge loc of EP in same MRP-2 view.

Regards

TAJUDDIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

TAJUDDIN,

If I maintain 0002 as a prod sloc it will disturb my setting for 0001.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deven,

I do not understand your question completely. In your first query you have written that you have 0001 as prod issue loc and same is exluded from MRP and you added 0002 as new storage loc and you are getting PRs to 0001 from MRP.

Now if you want to keep the same setting and want PRs to come for 0002 (not to 0001as you are getting) then maintain 0002 as stoarge loc of EP in MRP-2 view and run MRP, you will get PR for 0002 not for 0001.

Regards

TAJUDDIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I am not getting PR from storage loc 0001 and it will never as per my settings (As it is excluded for MRP).

I want to get PR from 0002, but it is just generating Dep. Req not PR.

I agree, If i set 0002 in MRP2 I should get PR but I dont want to set 0002 directly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What type of settings

Edited by: Deven on Apr 13, 2009 4:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

MRP will not pass direct information to 0002 to create PR. You need to maintain some info.

Regards

TAJUDDIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please let me know, what type of info i need to maintain?

Former Member
0 Kudos

TAJUDDIN,

I will highly appeciate, please let me know the settings to maintain for 0002 to get auto PR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deven,

If storage loc 0001 is excluded from MRP then dependent requirements will be at plant level (without specefic to stoarge loc).., check in RESB table for reservation, there should not be any storage loc.

Now if you keep 0002 as storage loc EP then i think PRs must be created for the reservation as this is demand and 0002 should be copied as stoarge loc for GR.

Regards

TAJUDDIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked RESB and found reservation has been generated for for dep. requirement and for storage location 0001.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What settings we need to do for "st. loc not be there for reservation".

I APPRECIATE YOUR FINDINGS.

Deven.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per my knowledge, this is not possible, reservation/dep requirements should not come to MRP excluded MRP storage loc, there might be some problem.

Regards

TAJUDDIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

TAJUDDIN,

One thing I am sure that, this is possible to get PR (as per my scenario), as i tried it in sand box.

But I am not able to get in my server and not able to trace out why it is happening.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deven,

How you excluded storage loc 0001 from MRP? Is it direct from customizing or from MRP-4 view indicator?

Can u display MD04 and confirm whether 0001 is shown as exluded from MRP?

Regards

TAJUDDIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning Tajuddin,

I excluded sloc 0001 from MRP-4 view in sandbox and it is excluded at plant level (direct through customization) in my server.

Yes, in MD04 sloc 0001 is showing excluded from MRP.

Refer below cut paste from MD04,

04/15/2009 Stock 31,500.000

04/15/2009 SafeSt Safety stock 30,000.000- 1,500.000

04/15/2009 StLcSt 0001 StLoc: not plnd 0.000 0001

04/18/2009 DepReq 44015601530 21,000.000- 21,000.000- 0001

You can see, my requirement is 21000 and it is automatically considering 0001, it has to consider 0002 and generate PR (like in sand box).

Edited by: Deven on Apr 14, 2009 6:45 AM

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deven,

Couple of checks,

1. Is there a demand exisiting for the material? for MRP run to create PR?

2. What is the MRP type for the material?

3. what is the stock available and demand available?

Regards,

Prasobh