cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error "-4 database instance not found" installing "SAP NetWeaver 7.01"

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to install "SAP NetWeaver 7.01 ABAP Trial Version" on Windows 2003. I have installed JRE.

While Adding the instance for MaxDB I get the error "-4 database instance not found".

While installing sapinst.exe the error is "... 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SBCore' does not exist on the 'localhost' host...

Anybody please help.

Edited by: Anita C on Apr 8, 2009 7:09 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anitha,

I have faced the similar kind of issue & i think this the problem with permissions. you can try this solution:

1. go to "run" and enter regedit

2. go to the path and select "SBCore"

3. from the context menu, select option "permissions" and add the current login user with full control.

4. retry the installation process

Please let me know that the above solution works to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Niranjan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The database error is fixed. Following is the new warnings when I ran Prerequisites Checker with "Conditions Not met":

u201CCould not evaluate this condition/prerequisite. To find out why, check the WARNINGs in the log. Checking the names of selected well-known groups. The following names were expected. u2018everyone, users, guests, power usersu2019. The following names were found: u2018not availableu2019. If they do not match, it is most probably because you are not using an English international version of Windows but a locatlized one instead. Only English international versions of Windows are supported. See also SAP not 362379. (Updated 2005-06-24)u201D

u201CIt is not recommened to use JDK version 1.4.2_10. Current version: JAVA_HOME not available. See also SAP Note 867110. (Updated 2006-06-12)u201D

u201CEnvironment variable CPIC_MAX_CONV should be set and the value should be at least 200 Current value: not available or not a number. See also SAP Note 901042. (Updated 2005-12-08)u201D

Anita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

Not yet, but as I was busy could not get to it. And has not given up yet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anita,

I've also exhausted my search on this, and must not be looking in the correct places. I don't get any errors so far on the installation, but I'm supposed to enter the path the the java runtime environment. I have looked at Sun for a version that complies to SAP's specifications, but can't find anything that matches, except what you have mentioned above and tried unsuccessfully. I originally tried the first version of the preview, but after weeks of getting nowhere, due to java related errors, as far as I can tell, I gave up and restored my image of the computer, then tried installing Netweaver 7.01 SR1 -- which is completely different in the installation process... and asking for the path to Java, whereas the other version did not. I'm installing this on a Vista Home Premium laptop and I haven't found any indication that this Toshiba laptop can't run the preview... so, now I'm hoping that I can just find the JRE!

Let me know if you find anything else out and I'll do the same. Maybe someone out there has the seemingly simple solution??

Cheers,

D.

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello Anita,

There is another forum which describes a similar problem. worth giving a try.

Regards,

Debasis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response but that did not help.

Where can I find Installation Guide for "Download SAP NetWeaver 7.01 SR1 SP3 ABAP Trial Version"?

Anita

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anita,

check the below link..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/downloads?rid=/library/uuid/c0d7422b-4ee9-2b10-0baf-af588a2126f4

Download Instructions:

Once the contents are extracted, initiate installation by clicking on start.bat to start the installation overview page. The download package contains a detailed installation guide and information about the evaluation developer license. For more information about how to get the sample solutions and the data generator of the Enterprise Sales Model into your local Netweaver ABAP Trial Version please read this [blog|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/8681] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];.

Regards,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For installing "SAP NetWeaver 7.01 SR1 SP3 ABAP Trial Version - ABAP Trial Version" the JRE version is 1.4.10 is required.

Anybody knows where it is available to download?

Thanks,

Anita

Edited by: Anita C on Apr 21, 2009 1:34 PM

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anita,

I'm not sure about JRE version is 1.4.10

Did you find the requirement of JRE 1.4.10 somewhere in the guide?

I can currently see J2SE v 1.4.2_19 in

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html

Regards,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already installed J2RE, but that does not work.

Anita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anita,

Did you ever figure this out? I'm looking for the same thing...

Cheers,

Dave