Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Service Pack 1 for Crystal Reports 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

I have been trying to download Service Pack 1 for Crystal Reports 2008:

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100010503722008E/cr2008_sp1.exe

This link was published on the "Crystal Reports 2008 Service Pack Reference" page.

When I try to complete the download, I am sent to an error page (see error text below).

Can anyone provide any assistance in trying to resolve this problem?

Thank you.. shannon

==========

==========

Error Message - ObjectID not existant

What happened?

ObjectID not found in R/3

What can you do?

• Check your ObjectID

Error code: SAPSMPDL1A-20090408174229-0014

Error details: 10021DD9-702/1A053/3162-63F0CFA5-3CB9265-2992F9

Service Name: SAPIDB

Service Server: SAPSMPDL1A

Process-ID: 888

Thread-ID: 916

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Your SAP Service Marketplace Team

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

All updates have been done

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know this is an old post but I have having a heck of a time getting Crystal 2008 to update.  I have not SPs and thought I could just install SP3....NOPE !!  I don't even know where to start.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try here:

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/patch_download/main_public.htm

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Chat with SAP  Support! See KBA 2213344 - Starting a chat with SAP Support [video]

Follow me on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

new in this forum I searched for installing-instructions on SP1 for CR 2008 (I'm using it in development inside VS 2008; started with Basic but now turned to CR 2008 (full version)).

The fact that there are downloads of fixpacks for SP1 are available, but the SP1 itself has been taken away due to QA-problems, is a really frustrating thing....

So if only SP0 is usefull at the moment, then all the SP1 and fixpacks and runtimes... should be taken away from the download page. This would save many developers a lot of time!

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sp 1 was pulled back last Friday. We are hoping it will be re-released / re-published in the near future.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

Thank you for your reply.

I have two follow-up questions (not sure if you are the right person to ask - I also have an email in to the Product Manager for Crystal Reports):

- Would it be possible to put a notice on the Business Objects download page to notify users of this issue? As it is, there is no information available anywhere that I could find which would explain why the service pack was not available.

- Do you know if this service pack will help to resolve the error message below (at the end of this message)?

I am sorry if you are not the right person to ask these questions, but I am a little frustrated at this point, after having spent 3 days trying to complete what should probably have been a simple deployment. Granted, I am not an experienced Crystal developer, but I do think that the barrier to entry for resolving problems with this product is unreasonable (and sort of mysterious).

Thank you for any help, and my apologies for my frustration..

-

crw32.exe - Entry Point Not Found

-

The procedure entry point ?PrintLegend@CMapXLegend@CSLib300@@QAEXJJJJJ@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library cslibu-3-0.dll.

================================

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Would it be possible to put a notice on the Business Objects download page to notify users of this issue? As it is, there is no information available anywhere that I could find which would explain why the service pack was not available.

- aaah, you're preaching to the converted here :). Wish I could post the email I sent to the team when I found out that the file was just removed. Not even we in tech support were told! (anyhow, maybe I should not be posting this, either - oh well, let the chips fall where they may...)

Do you know if this service pack will help to resolve the error message below (at the end of this message)?

Unfortunately, I do not know. Normally, the issues I work on are with a report in a .NET application. E.g.; the report designer works, or was able to create the report. However, the Report Design forum supports installs of CR and thus any issues with crw32.exe and they should be able to help you out. The link to the Report Design forum:

Do give them as much info as possible on what they would have to do to reproduce the issue. BTW.; SP 0 is available and if you have not applied it, it may be the 1st step. SP 0 is here:

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100007528552008E/cr2008_sp0.zip

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

Thank you again for the details.

I just got an email back saying that the service pack might be available again, possibly today.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As soon as I know I will let you know - promise.

Ludek

0 Kudos

Hi Shannon,

The problem is if you distribute the SP1 runtime files to a PC that has CR SP0 installed it causes the error so the Build team pulled it to modify the installer to check the if SP0 is installed first.

There is a note created, search for 1276502.

We expect it to be a week or so for QA and the build team to verify all combinations and re-post it. It will have the same download ID number so any link you had will still work. Just click the link, if it fails it's still not available.

Thank you for your patience

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you still use the SP1 merge modules without upgrading CR 2008 to SP1?

Thank you for all the help!

Edited by: Don Williams on Apr 20, 2009 6:37 AM

0 Kudos

No... upgrade both to SP1

And please don't stray from the original post question, it just confuses the issue. I'm deleting your new question. Please post it but search for the question first in here and in the Report Design Forum.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I just want to find out if SP 1 has been released yet because I can't seem to find it on the download page and if not when is it expected.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, it was, but then it was pulled back. Last I heard, it will be 4 to 6 weeks before it is re-released.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Don,

Please describe the relationship between Service Packs for CR 2008 and Fix Packs for CR 2008 Runtimes. Or are there Service Packs for CR 2008 Runtimes as well, if yes - where can one find them?

Somewhat confused,

Ilya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ludek,

If its not to much trouble could you please let me know or perhaps just post a message that it has been released again and is available for download.

Former Member
0 Kudos

IRatner the best place to go and look for Crystal Reports downloads is [Business Objects Software Download|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/bobj_download/main.htm]

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks V,

That is where I found SP0 for CR 2008 but it is still not clear which version of CR 2008 Runtime I need to upgrade to and where to find that upgrade. There is an 84 MB file called cr2008_fp14_ri.zip. I am hoping that that is a Fix Pack 1.4 for CR 2008 Runtime.

Thank again, Ilya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ilya,

If you are confused about which download you need, my gut feeling is that you may be running around in the same circles I was when I was trying to find SP1 for Crystal 2008. In my case, the confusion was caused by the fact that the download was simply not available, and there was no public explanation at the time as to why it was not available, so I just kept thinking I was looking for the wrong file download. I went through everything on the download page that seemed like it might be the update I needed, but none of the them would resolve the problem caused by installing both the Visual Studio tools and the full Crystal IDE on my workstation (this combination of installations left me effectively at two different service pack levels simultaneously, and nothing would work).

The truth is, my case would not have been at all confusing if the download search page simply listed the update I needed, with an explanation that it was not currently available, since it would have clearly shown SP1 for Crystal 2008 - exactly what several support documents said I should be searching for.

My issue was resolved several weeks ago when I was provided with a private URL for accessing the missing download by Crystal's management / tech support. I was also told at the time that a public document would be made available to explain the situation, but I don't think that has happened.

Anyway - maybe your case is different..

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shannon and Ilya.

Shannon, thank you very much for jumping in. Would be so cool if more of the community would do so - maybe one day :).

Ilya, for now, stay at SP 0. Keep away from anything 1.x for CR 2008. If your development computer is at SP 0, use the runtime for SP 0.

MSI is here:

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100009351552008E/cr120_redist_install.zip

MSM is here:

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100009351532008E/cr120_mm.zip

Last info I have is that SP 1 will be re-release in 4 to 6 weeks...

Ludek

former_member184469
Contributor
0 Kudos

Here is a note:

1335280 - Upgrading to Crystal Reports 2008 V1 / SP1

https://bcp.wdf.sap.corp/sap/sapnotes/display/1335280

this links to the following whitepaper that provides more info regarding this situation:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/702b3642-7e14-2c10-6484-857ffb43...

Thanks,

Henry

former_member184469
Contributor
former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See [this|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/CrystalReports2008-VersionandDownloadinformationforSPsand+FPs] wiki for download info re. all available Service Packs and fixes.

Ludek

Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/SAPCRNetSup