cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outputting multiple docs in 1 PDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using WDA, we're Currently, we're printing a project summary (1 page) pdf .

The users would like to be able to send in 1 - 10 project numbers and have the single output pdf display 1 page for each project they choose.

I think I have my Context set up properly:

PDF_CONTAINTER 1:1
  PDF_TABLE 1:N
    Several Item level tables & attributes

Where PDF_TABLE and its subnodes/attributes hold the project data.

I have defined my (only) Page as Positioned, Allow Page Breaks within Content, Repeat Subform for Each Data Item (min 1, no max), and have bound it using $record.PDF_TABLE.DATA[*]

However, when I run the program for 2 projects, I only get 1 page and the data is printing on top of each other.

So, this leads me to believe I am not populating my PDF_TABLE appropriately. How do I properly append an entirely NEW set of data to that PDF_TABLE context object?

thanks,

rp.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try using conditional break at pagination settings of you subform.

E.g.

Language: FormCalc
RunAt: Server
Code: DATA[-1].{your field with project number} ne DATA.{your field with project number}
Break: Before 
To: Top of Next Page

Regards,

Pjotr Perstnev

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

we solved this by dynamically creating multiple elements of our pdf node in WDA.

we loop through our data, increment the element count of our node - if it doesn't exist, we create a new one and bind our data.

works great.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

your body page must be flowed.

If you want every row of the table (project) on its own page, set the propertie Object->Pagination->Place of the row of the table to Top of Page "your master page".

Michal