cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Management 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to install the Identity Management and I already looked at the Intallation Guide. If anyone can tell me all the step by step to intall the IDM, will be very much appriciated. I am little confuse of all the components. I would like to know where to download all components described below in the instguide. I already looked at service market place but unable to find it. If someone show me the path, that would be great.

The Identity Center consists of three separate downloads on the download area of SAP NetWeaver Identity Management 7.1 on SAP Service Marketplace.

u2022 Designtime components

u2022 Runtime Components

u2022 User Interface

Thanks in Advance for you gudiance.

Regards,

Mohammed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

The step-by-step instructions are in the guide you already have. If you are having a problem with a specific step, then please post it here.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Identity Center consists of three separate downloads on the download area of SAP NetWeaver Identity Management 7.1 on SAP Service Marketplace.

u2022 Runtime Components

u2022 User Interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your prompt response.

Can you tell me path for downloading this component on the service market place. I just can not find it. Please give me the path when if you are already downloaded

u2022 Runtime Components

u2022 User Interface

Regards,

Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you a Ramp Up customer? IdM 7.1 is still in Ramp Up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No i am not but where can I download for Identity Management 7.0 software for those components.

I don't need it for 7.1 now

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Moe

See the sicky thread from Kristian

There you find the link to the download of IDM 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moe,

IDM 7.0 also comes with install instructions. Make sure you read them carefully as there are a few other pieces of software you'll need to download in order to get things working.

I'd reccomend running against MSSQL if at all possible over Oracle as it's easier to debug.

Hope it all goes smoothly for you!

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt/Matthew

>IdM 7.1 is still in Ramp Up.

Is it advisable to go with IDM 7.1 now as it is still in Ramp up and product is not yet stabilized ? Do you have any information when it is going to be released to the customers for normal use? as per [PAM|https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/%7Eform/handler?_APP=00200682500000002212]

Delivery Date Status Date

Release to Customer Available 05.12.2008

it is available from 5/12/2008. But how you can understand when it is released to the customer?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There's usually an announcement here or on the NW IDM page when there's a new patch, so I'd assume that the ramp up announcement will come the same way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew

Is it advisable to go with IDM 7.1 now as it is still in Ramp up and product is not yet stabilized?. Which version you recommend customers now?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sahad,

Right now NW IDM 7.0 SP5 is the way to go. 7.1 is still in Rampup so it cannot be used in a production environment.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Provided the Ramp Up meets the KPIs, IdM 7.1 is tentatively scheduled to end Ramp Up and be generally available at the end of May.

Personally, if I did not have immediate demand to implement IdM, I would consider the 7.1 version. There are significant changes in the UI and other changes in the way tasks are assigned, etc.

@Matt - IdM 7.1 can be used productively, but only by Ramp Up customers.

Best Regards,

Matt

Edited by: Matt Kangas on Apr 13, 2009 7:46 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt,

Thanks for the tip. I was unaware that ramp up customers could now use 7.1. I

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Prior to the Ramp Up program, we had a program called First Customer Ship (FCS). FCS customers were not allowed to go into production with FCS software until SAP decided to go GA with the software. When SAP eliminated the FCS program and changed it to Ramp Up, we then allowed RU customers to go into production with the software and now, in fact, live customers are an important KPI of RU. This is true for all Ramp Ups, not just IdM.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification, Matt.

deepen_shah3
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have 4.6c, ECC 6, BI 7 and Solman 7.0 in my landscape. Is it possible to implement IDM 7.1. what should be my leading/source system as HCM or Portal is not present in the landscape. Can I use BI Java for UI and VDS or it requires separate server (Enterprise Portal)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepen,

Yes, IdM can connect to the systems you mention (7.0 or 7.1). Any system can be your leading system, you have to decide that based upon your architecture.

The UI in 7.1 uses web dynpro and can be deployed on any SAP java server.

I recommend you browse the documentation on SDN at https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-identitymanagement.

Also, please use a new post for your questions.

Best Regards,

Matt