cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation between windows

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to navigate between windows without changing applications? ie. Have an event in a view in Window A, navigate to a new view in Window B?

I have 2 different window layouts and I'd like to keep the windows separate, and as I can see no way to link plugs in different windows, I'm stuck with calling a new application.

Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

i hope i got you right, not quite sure. Create a new window C and embed the InterfaceViews of A and B into it.

Define an outbound plug (NO exit plug) in InterfaceView of A called "ToB" and an inbound plug in InterfaceView of B called "FromA" (NO startup plug).

Create a link between FromA and ToB and fire the plug from InterfaceView A for example in the component or a view controller of the component "owning" window C.

The view which shall be the target of the navigation in Window B must have the "default" property set to true.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stephan. I had not explored "Interface Views" before. One follow up question, how do you physically do the link between FromA and ToB?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

this is done in the navigation modeler (double-click on Component->Windows->WindowC in the sample). To create a link select the last (diagonal line) item in the toolbox on the left side, move the mouse to the outbound plug, which is the starting point of the link and draw it to the inbound, which is the target. If there's a line displayed between the plugs, it's done.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, the problem I had was when I inserted the view in the window, I didn't embed the Interface View, and hence the interface view plugs were not in the diagram.

When I inserted the views as interface views, it all came together fine.

It be nice if someone had a view of the world (such as yourself hint hint) that could document in a sequence diagram or Web Dynpro example, the best way to build reusable production code utilizing all these features appropriately. The tutorials on SDN are a great start, but lacking in defining how to write more serious production code.

Thanks Stephan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

> Sorry, the problem I had was when I inserted the view

> in the window, I didn't embed the Interface View, and

> hence the interface view plugs were not in the

> diagram.

oh, then my last answer was a little bit too coarse grained, but luckily you did find the solution by yourself.

>

> When I inserted the views as interface views, it all

> came together fine.

Well done.

>

> It be nice if someone had a view of the world (such

> as yourself hint hint) that could document in a

> sequence diagram or Web Dynpro example, the best way

> to build reusable production code utilizing all these

> features appropriately. The tutorials on SDN are a

> great start, but lacking in defining how to write

> more serious production code.

I agree, maybe this would be a good starting point for a /community [original link is broken]. But providing a real good tutorial is a little bit tricky here, since i guess, that most (SDN) people around don't have access to a DTR, which is IMHO mandatory to show an example for a productive scenario.

Thanks and regards,

Stefan

Answers (0)