cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Mappings in the new Version of NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

i have a process which created in the NWDS (Version: SAP Enhancement Package 1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.1 SP00 PAT0000) checked in the CVS.

Now i have the process checked out of the CVS in the new Version of NWDS (Version: SAP Enhancement Package 1 for SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio 7.1 SP01 PAT0003).

The process contains a automated activity and on the output mapping from the webservice is now n error. The Error: "Expected 'com.sap.dictionary.string,ns=.... Found list of 'char10,ns=..." I´ve changed nothing and the input mapping and the other mappings are all right. I checked out again the same process in the "old" Version of NWDS and it works fine.

Knows somebody how i can "import" n process from an older Version of NWDS into the new Version?

Kind regards,

Bastian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bastian,

The problem you are facing is a trivial problem. You need not worry about the importing the whole development component again. Rather your mapping error can be removed by changing the context in webdynpro perspective easily.

Your error is telling that the automated activity requires a string paramenter and what it has found is a list of parameters.

What this means is in the Webdynpro context, the mapping which you have done has problems.

The webservice input requires a singleton parameter. If you look into the mapping view, you will notice a single icon for the node which you are mapping.

And what you are sending is a list (not a singletion node)

If you see from the left side from where the parameters is coming in you will notice multiple icons (stack on top of each other) representing non singleton nodes ie cardinatlity is 0...n or 1..n)

So to remove the problem just go to component controller of the view and change the context setting

Colletion cardinality of 0..1 or 1..1 and selection cardinality to 0..1 or 1..1 of the node.

Thnks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

thanks for your instant replay.

I´m not sure if i had described my question clearly enough.

The problem is not the webservice input, the problem is the webservice output. The error (see above) is at the mapping from the webservice output to the context object. I´ve changed the context settings as described, but the error remains. Then i´ve built a new project in the new version of NWDS, with an automated activity which use the same webservice and an simple mask to display die attributes. In this project i haven´t used nodes, only the attributes, so i can´t change the cardinality. At the webservice input mapping is everything all right, but at the webservice output i get the same problem. From the webservice i get a list of char10 values, but i don´t know how i should accept it?

What else might the error be?

Regards,

Bastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bastian,

Since it is the output of the web service you are talking about, and it is giving an output which has a list of 10 values. Whereas the context attribute/node-attribute in the next human activity context attribute to which you are doing the mapping is a singleton node.

The answer which i have described in the previous post will apply here also. Only directions of the mappings will change.

Revert if there are any other probs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

apologize if i ask again.

I´ve tried to change the cardinality in the context settings, but no success. I´ve checked all settings (from the same process!) between the old and new version of NWDS, it´s all the same. In the context settings of the process in the old version, the setting singleton is true and it works fine.

It´s strange, that the same process on the old version of NWDS works and on the new version (with the same settings) it doesn´t work although i haven´t changed something.

Did you have another idea what might be the cause? Is it maybe a bug of the new version of NWDS?

Regards,

Bastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bastian,

Are you sure that cardinalities have changed in the process context mapping area too?

Just look the mapping. The node icon where you are doing the mapping should now contain icons that are stacked on top of each other. This is how we can differentiate attributes with 0..1 or 0..n cardinality.

For single cardinality the icon will be single on not multiple stacked on top of each other.

I hope you are understanding what i am meaning to say.

There might be sometimes that even though you change context attribute in webdynpro view but they might not appear in process composer. If this has happened reload the task with the webdynpro view. (Reassign view).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

i think i know what you mean. The node icon from the context is multiple stacked on top of each other, but it´s still a question mark appears on the icon. What does this mean?

I´ve tried all possibilities of setting the cardinality (0..1, 0..n, 1..1, 1..n), for each setting i rebuilt the web dynpro component and reassign the view to the task. Then i delete the context object and added it again.

Regards,

Bastian

Edited by: Bastian Schiele on Apr 21, 2009 2:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bastian,

That questions marks simply means an input is required into that context attribute. That is mapping.

Ok whatever tasks u hve done is alright. So is that still that mapping problem exists with same error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

the icons on the other nodes looks similar, but they work. Only the mapping from this webservice output to this context object making problems.

Regards,

Bastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bastian,

Is it the same error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

yes, it´s the same error as above.

Regards,

Bastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bastian,

Then this can be a bug.

However the problem you have described. I have faced that problem may be 10 times till now developing BPM Apps. And in all the 10 times the problem was with the cardinality of the context attribute.

The context node required was cardinality 1...n whereas my node was 0..1.

Tell me one thing:

Are you nodes in output of service and input of subsequent activity of similar structure.? (whre the problem is caused)

Say,

Service output Process Context

A (node) (list of values) AX (node) ( node with 1...n or 0...n cardinality)

-B (attribute) BX (attribute)

Edited by: Yogesh Bhatia on Apr 21, 2009 6:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

the structure of the mapping (if i´ve understood you correctly) looks like this:

+

+MaskItemTable

-Cost_Center

-POS_Description

prAccount and item are nodes of the webservice.

MaskItemTable is a node from the context object with collection cardinality = 0..n and selection cardinality 0..1

CostCenter from the webserivce = (list of) char10 and ShortText = (list of) char40.

Cost_Center and POS_Description from the context object = com.sap.dictionary.string

With these mappings i get the error as i´ve described above .

Regards,

Bastian