Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Messages

ashok_kumar24
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on XI administration. I have a number of Messages in Schedules/Ready status in sxmb_moni. These messages are not being processed. I want to delete the messages which are in Ready/Schedules status and I want to clear all queues and cache and start again.

Can anyone send me a solution to this problem.

Thanks

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ashok_kumar24
Contributor
0 Kudos

Was helpful to a certain extent

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Goto smq2. Delete all the queues and thats it.

The messages will be lost so make sure that the messages are test messages.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just remember that deleting messages in the SMQ transactions is not recommended.

You should only delete messages from the SXMB_MONI trans. after manually cancelling them. Otherwise you leave vestiges of the message in the database that require special intervention to be deleted.

Thus you should not delete stuff from SMQ2 in a production server ever, use SXMB_MONI.

All the best!

-Sam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Ashok,

I have a number of Messages in Schedules/Ready status in sxmb_moni. These messages are not being processed. I want to delete the messages which are in Ready/Schedules status and I want to clear all queues and cache and start again.

Here are the 2 ways to delete the queues

1) Hi You can delete the queues based on the Outbound or Inbound queues I mean by using the transaction codes SMQ1 for Oubtound queues side and SMQ2 for Inbound queues side. and there

select your queues by using queue name and again double click on that queue and check how many number of messages are there with in that queues and select one by one based on the message status and delete those queues.

2) If your using PI 7.1 you may see like this if XI 3.0 means search by date:: also

Go to message monitoring -> Adapter Monitoring-->Display

Messages in Time Period 4/8/09 5:30 AM - 4/9/09 5:30 AM

You can Check these categories:: based on this category select those messages and cancel.

Categories::

Sender Component

Receiver Component

Interface

Error

Scheduled

Successful

Terminated with error

3) Also you can monitor all the messages in detailed manner in Message display tool

MESSAGE DISPLAY TOOL

[http://HOST:PORT/MessagingSystem/monitor/systemStatus.jsp]

4) go to SXMB_MONI-->Select based on the categories::

Processed Successfully

Scheduled

Errors

System Error

App Error

and then select and cancel those messages

Regards::

Amar Srinivas Eli