Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

New user and having a hard time with searches

Our company got SB1 several months ago and I've only been using it recently. I also don't think we are using it correctly. We have been assigning some customers as "showroom customer" when we think they are only buying once, or making small purchases, but if they come back days or months later with a question about their purchase or to purchase more, and they don't have their invoice, we can't find them. One sales person was putting their name in the remarks at bottom left, but you can't search that. Another was putting their name in the PO slot, but to search the name has to be exact or it isn't found. We decided yesterday that we need to enter every customer in as a business partner, is that correct, or is there some other area in the invoice where we can put their name and be able to search for it?

Also, when a customer comes in and looks at different products I make a Quote form and list the things they looked at with arbatray quanities, putting them in as "showroom customer" and their name in the lower notes area. I usually do this after they leave, unless it's an actual quote, and I do it for my own records to try to keep track of them, but with out a search ability for the customer it is useless.

I know we must be doing this all wrong.

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question