Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

BI and Portal: certain users can't access BI

I have an authorization related problem with Portal/BI.

I use the portal to access BI reports. However, since yesterday, there has been problems for some users. For some it's still ok (administrators).

When adding an additional role - SAP_J2EE_ADMIN - to problematic user in BI back-end this user is then able to access the BI reports. When not using SAP_J2EE_ADMIN it gets the error message:

500 Internal Server Error

BEx Web Application

Failed to process request; contact your system administrator

Error Summary

Exception occured while processing the current request; this exception cannot be handled by the application or framework

If the information on this page does not help you locate and correct the cause of the problem, contact your system administrator

To facilitate analysis of the problem, keep a copy of this error page Hint: Most Web browsers allow you to select all content, and copy and paste it into an empty document (such as in an email or simple text file)

Root Cause

The initial exception that caused the request to fail was:

Access denied (Object(s): portal_content/Systemlandscape/SAP_BW)

Log ID 001CC4E1D3BE00780000002B000007F400046705D9DBB25B

However, I do not want to give all users SAP_J2EE_ADMIN. They should only be able to see their reports and not any admin iviews..

Some additional info is that when I add the SAP_J2EE_ADMIN to the problem user, another role containing some RFC related authorizations is getting red (deactivated) meaning I have to re-activate that role again (make it green). After that, it works...

Thankful for any help!

Edited by: fc.sapbi on Apr 8, 2009 4:26 PM

Edited by: fc.sapbi on Apr 8, 2009 4:30 PM

Find this object in PCD "portal_content/Systemlandscape/SAP_BW".

Open the opction "Permissions", add the group EveryOne and set the flag End User.

Good Luck

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question