cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2iun Execution and Error in FI posting (Message no. 8I280)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

At our end J2iun were never posted in SAP and all excise return are being handled manually.

Now we are trying to execute J2iun for each month of the last year ( April '08 to march '09) and trying to update our system till march'09 so that from this month onwards , excise returns can be handled thru SAP.

We started with April'08 and in order to get J2iun posted for the month of April'08 , we opened the desired FI periods (2008/1) thru OB52.BUT when we were trying to post J2iun for the month of April'08 , system is prompting an error

"Error in FI posting 20090408 Message no. 8I280"

We couldn't understand why this message is being appeared when required FI periods are already opened. ( In fact we tried with some JV enteries in that period and they are getting posted sucessfully )

Is it because MM april'08 period is already closed ??? (in OMSY , open periods are April'09 and March'08)

If yes , then is there any way to make April'08 MM period open ?

If back MM period opening is not possible then what could be the best method to get GLs and Registers Balances updated with correct value of MARCH'09 closing Balances.

So that j2iun of april'09 can be executed perfectly

Thx in advance for all yr replies

Regards

Shrey

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

Can you tell me how did you solve this problem? my client is getting same error? can you reply immediatly?

Thanks

Amarnath reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

tHX ,

mm PERIOD SHOULD BE oPENed TO PROCESS J2IUN.

cOMMULATIVE RUN IS NOT POSSIBLE, AS J2IUN ALWAYS PICKS THE PAYABLE BALANCE OF THE FIRST PERIOD DATE ENTERED

REGARDS

sHREY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I process J2iun for multiple months (like April'08 to March'09) in one Go

Regards

Shrey