cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Confirmation of Activity Elements on confirming an Activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When i confirm an activity in CJ2B i.e when i give a percentage of completion to an activity,

the activity elements under that activity should automatically be overridden by the percentage given...

irrespective of the earlier percenatge of the elements..

eg : earlier data

Activity/Activity Element percen of completion.

Excation 10%

helper 2%

jcb 25%

now when i confirm excavation as 50 % ...it sould auto upadte the activity as

Activity/Activity Element percen of completion.

Excation 50%

helper 50%

jcb 50%

Is there any setting for such a funtionality or do i have to use some BAPIs ...IF BAPIs then what are the BAPI name.

plz help,

Johnson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

using user exits

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johnson,

Even I am working on the same scenario.

The way I handled the scenario is slightly different.

I havent created them as activity elements as you are aware that there would huge quantum of data.

In my project, I need to capture labor and material requirements for whole month for all activities.

So I had created all labor as materials. I have included them in BOM. Exploded the BOM thereby genarating hte material and labor requirements.

Once I get the labor requirements, I have created the same as Serivce PO and created a dummy vendor. I am doing Service entry but no service acceptance as my scenario doesnt suggest me to capture the actual cost of subcontracting manpower. They wanna track only Plan Vs Actual.

Check the report for service entries. I could able to manage to get Plan Vs actual from different reports.

Thanks & Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johnoson,

Can u explain the Business requirement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The business requirement is as under:

I am planning the activities of my project like Excavation, Concreting etc. with only work center as say execution and without any activity type.

Now in order to assign resources like Carpenter, Helper, Driver etc to these activities I am usig activtiy elements. In the activity activity elements, I put both work center & activity types as as Carpenter, helper, driver respectively

This will lead to planned cost as well as capacity requirements for my project.

Now during the execution phase, in order to calculate the progress on cost basis, I want that the actual costs of the "activity elements" shall be calculated as per the actual completion of the ACTIVITY. For this, the percentage completion of the activity and the activity elements shall be same.

For this we want to automatize the process so that the end user confirms only the activity because the quantum of the activity elements in construction industries will be huge and it might lead to human errors.

regard,

johnson