cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Integrated Planning and GLOBAL VARIABLES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I wonder if it is possible to create global variables in Integrated Planning. When I worked in BW-SEM there was the option to create a variable on the infocube. The value of the variable was manually set and was available for every layout on the infocube.

Anyone could help about it?

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In BI-IP the variables are not global. That is the reason why need to do a variable binding e.g. if you want to execute a planning sequence from a webtemplate. In such cases you need to bind the variables of the global filter of a query to the variables which are used in the planning sequence.

Regards Matthias

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the replies. What I meant was referred to variables that can be set in the back-end (not during the layout use). When I worked in BW SEM, for example, I set the "fiscal year planning variable" with a fixed value (2007), and this variable was fixed and available for all planning layouts/sequences/etc.

So, this variable could be not modified by the end user.

Any idea? Am I on the wrong road?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can e.g. create a variable and set the value in the planning modeller or you could use an exit variable which reads its values from a customizing table.

Regards Matthias Nutt

SAP Consulting Switzerland.

Former Member
0 Kudos

All the variables created in IP are available globally. They are dependent only on the InfoObject on which they have been created and not on the infocube.