cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring file sender adapter using share

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello! I need to read file from shared directory with user name and password. How can I configure user name and password verification?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrey,

This is possible using FTP transfer protocol, check this blog:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/08/01/along-came-a-file-adapter-mr-ftp-and-rest-of-the-gang

and

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

Sachin

Edited by: Sachin Dhingra on Apr 8, 2009 7:22 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if the shared directory is on your local machine then you should use FTP protocol in File adapter and also use my blog to help you install a local FTP server for your personal use - /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/08/01/along-came-a-file-adapter-mr-ftp-and-rest-of-the-gang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are accessing the file in the same server(shared directory) then there is no need of user name password.NFS protocol used for accessing the file in the local server path.i thing shared directory is created in XI server for accessing you from your local PC.If then that authentication for accessing you from your local PC to XI system.Not for XI-file adapter.

If you are accessing the file from different server then you should use FTP protocol.That time only user name and password require.

Regards,

Prakasu.M