cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndicating relationship table in MDM 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I heard that MDM 7.1 one can syndicate the relationship table data, which was not possible in case of MDM5.5. But I cant see the relationship table appearing in Item mappings in Syndicator.

Does anybody know why it is not appearing in for mapping. MDM 7.1 is in ramp up stage, is it the reason behind it? or yet this functionality is not provided?

Regards,

Abhijeet.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think this functionality is not provided in MDM 7.1. I never heard of any such enhancement in MDM 7.1

If you get any more information then please update all of us..

Thanks,

Shiv.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi abhijeet,

Just to give a bit of information on this.

Even though you cannot Syndicate relationships using the MDM syndicator,You do have an option of Exporting and Importing Relationship data through the MDM Datamanager it self.

It is not the best solution,however if you do have a requirement whereby you just want to syndicate out the relationship master records in a Txt format(for eg).

You can achieve this using the Export/Import options in Data manager.

You can view the below lik to understand how this works:

Part1

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e001fc23-704e-2b10-7092-86e574e2...

Part2

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e033ab98-5d60-2b10-87b5-e5022485...

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Yes it is indeed an option to extract relationship data but not useful if you want automatic extraction(syndication) of data.

Thanks for those useful links u sent.

Edited by: abhijeet more on Apr 14, 2009 7:36 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijeet,

I heared about this functionality in TechEd 2008 but i think since it is in Ramp-up stage thats why this functionality has not been incorporated yet. We may get this in final release.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

That would be wonderful. Many requirements need syndication of relationship data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks