Did you mean: 

LCM - Manage systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have 2 platforms (BO XI 3.1) :

- BO-DEV

- BO-PRD

I have just installed Life Cycle Manager on BO-DEV to manage reports (copy from BO-DEV to BO-PRD).

In LCM, I went into Administration options > Manage systems to enter my 2 servers, I have the error message "BO-DEV:6400 does not exist in the network" I tried different things (IP address), I still have the message.

Have you ever seen this ? How did you solve it ?

Tanks.

--

Erwan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also add the system names when creating a new job.

It seems the LCM system is unable to ping (BO-DEV and BO-PROD)

Why dont you add the system details in the windows hosts file as well

- Maheshwar

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I think the LCM needs to be installed on the source and destination, I may be wrong(haven't used it much). Your post seemd to indicate it was only installed one server.

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found this in the documentation :

"If there are multiple BOE server machines clustered in a network, then the

user can install the LCM tool on any one of them.

If the systems are not part of a network, then the LCM tool must be installed

on both machines. The user can use the LCM BIAR file option to export and

import BI resources."

What do they mean by "network" ? Is it "computer network" or is it "BO network" ?

Erwan

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The wording is tough to understand, but I'm assuming they are referring to CMS clustering. If you have multiple servers clustered together then LCM only needs to be installed on one node in the cluster. If the CMS's are not clustered then then the LCM needs to be installed on each one (that you want to set up a job to).

Normally DEV and Prod would not be clustered with each other but they may contain multiple servers/cms's within each environment. You would not need to install LCM on each but just 1 member server from DEV and 1 from Prod.

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

I won't clustered the 2 servers...

I think that I will use LCM for the versioning and Import wizard to switch from DEV to PRD...

Thank you.

--

Erwan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Question to LCM users...

After LCM installation, you go in Administration Options, the you choose to Add a system, and then you fill the form...

Host name is it the CMC name ? the computer name ?

Port number 6400

Display name the name that you want

Thank you.

--

Erwan

0 Kudos

Hi Erwan,

this should be the hostname of the node your CMS is running on.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried but nothing to do...

the hostname is bo-dev.groupe.net (I tried localhost its IP address, or 127.0.0.1 )

the node is listening on port 6410 (I tried with 6400 too)

I have always the same error : hostname:port does not exist in the network

it makes me crazy...

--

Erwan

Edited by: Erwan JEGADEN on May 4, 2009 2:11 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have LCM installed on DEV - and have added SIT and UAT via the administration options within LCM

This works perfectly:

The HOST is exactly that - the host name of the server.

You might want to ensure that your CMS and both FRS's are assigned the host names and respective ports within the CMC - leave the rest to auto.

Also make sure that you use the Administrator id to access.

Suggested reading:

Improved Life Cycle Management for Business Intelligence.pdf (Dallas User Conference)

xi31_LCM_Install.pdf

xi31_LCM_User.pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Erwan and guys!

I get an exactly same error message when I am trying to add host systems. I put in:

Host Name: BODEV

Port: 6400

Display name: BODEV

Then i get an error message saying "Duplicate Display Name BODEV".

Also I tried another way to tackle this issue by feeding in the source and destination CMS details when I create a Job for promotion. BUT when I hit Promote I get an error message saying

"Sorry, LCM application is unable to process your request.

The error from the server is: Failed to Login to Destination CMS as the User has been denied access to it by the Administrator. Failed to Login to Destination CMS as the User has been denied access to it by the Administrator.

Click on this link to see the stack trace. "

.....and there are bunch of error logs on various JAVA processes.

Has anybody come across these error messages?

Thanks,

Sagar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i get an error message saying "Duplicate Display Name BODEV".

[Maheshwar]: You are trying to add the same name twice, hence the error.

when I hit Promote I get an error message saying

"Sorry, LCM application is unable to process your request.

The error from the server is: Failed to Login to Destination CMS as the User has been denied access to it by the Administrator. Failed to Login to Destination CMS as the User has been denied access to it by the Administrator.

[Maheshwar]: Who is the user used to login to the destination system, is he the administrator or a user with adequate previligesin the destination system.

Check if you can login to the destination system CMC using the same user authentication.