cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling/Mapping a SOAP response message back to the RFC request Message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I was wondering if you could kindly offer some advice on how to handle the SOAP response back to an RFC in a RFC>SOAP>RFC.Response scenario. When executing an RFC function module that triggers a message to XI, the outbound message seems to process successfully, however, there is an error in the response message. I am not sure how to map the response back to the function module response message because it looks like the response payload is empty. It is also strange that the interface seems to run in synchronous mode despite being configured as an asynchronous interface. If it ran in asynchronous mode, there would not be a problem because we actually do not need a response back. The interface also runs perfectly when executing it from the Runtime Workbench, and it also runs in asynchronous mode as it should.

I would really appreciate any suggestions on how to solve this problem.

Thank you,

Brendon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

" RFC>SOAP>RFC" Des your source and target function modules are same, If so, you can configure normal synchronous scenario between webservice and RFC. If they are two different funcion modules, then you have to go for BPM, as shown in below blog.

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

In this blog, file is there instead of function module.

Regards,

Reyaz

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It looks like the interface is working fine now after creating a dummy mapping for the response back and using the "Do Not Use SOAP Envelope" inside the SOAP receiver adapter.

Thank you for all your input.

Regards,

Brendon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reyaz,

This is actually an RFC-->SOAP scenario where the message structure of the source and target systems are different. We don't actually need a reponse back from the SOAP system. I was wondering if you perhaps know how we can cancel the Response response back to the requestor or at leaset map the SOAP response back?

The interface runs perfectly in asynchronous mode when executing it from the Runtime Workbench in the test section, but it runs in synchronous mode for some reason when executing the RFC function call in SAP.

Thank you,

Brendon

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Call RFC function asyncchronously from the report......

some thing like this....................

CALL FUNCTION 'YOURFM' IN BACKGROUND TASK DESTINATION 'RFCDESTINATION TO XI'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brendon,

If you dont need response back. Just skip mapping between response message of RFC and WSDL. And define your inbound interface as inbound asynchronous. With this , You may get some error in RWB saying "error in response" . this wont affect your process. But your primary objective will be achieved. Your request will be posted and no response back to RFC.

Regards,

Reyaz