cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attribute Based search with TREX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i want to use the "attibute based search" in cFolders 4.5 with TREX.

I activated the TREX in network.xml.

Now I want to add a new search index in the Transaction "SES_ADMIN", there i get a list of indexable Objects from cFolders (CFX_OBJ: DOC, FOL,...).

I mark them all and confirm it, but then i get an Error Message, saying "Business object CFX_OBJ: Object of related class CL_CFX_DOCUMENT cannot be created".

How do i use TREX with the "attribute based search"??

Can i use TREX with cFolders Business Objects??

I also found a document in SDN, saying, that the Interface IF_COM_SE_BUSOBJ has to be implemented, but the Standard-Class CL_CFX_DOCUMENT doesnt have this.

Best regards,

Helmut Wenzler

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

after some months i have made some efforts on this task.

- i implemented the Interface "IF_COM_SE_BUSOBJ" in the class "CL_CFX_DOCUMENT". I added the class "CL_COM_SE_BUSOBJ_FACTORY" as friend, so it can be instantiated.

I added some code to export my attributes to trex. In SES_Admin i can now activate an index. With the report "COM_SE_SEARCH_TEST" i can test the index, searching works correct.

But now i have a problem:

when i start an attribute based search in cfolders with TREX on, the system calculates a search-query that it sends to TREX. Now i have the problem, that the way, cfolders queries TREX does not find the attributes, because the way, i build up the index doesnt match.

So the question, does anybody know, how i have to build up the index, that cfolders can find the correct results?

Best Regards

Helmut Wenzler

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, this is a very old post . Did you get your answer ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i made some efforts, but i have not finished this problem.

I made the steps described in my last post, but then i had the problem what should i do with the query that cfolders builds up. I made a modification (enhancement) that modifies this query, so that the query fits to the index i made. I have not finished the work on this problem, bacause i currently have the problem descibed in Note 1124158. I corrected this one year ago, but there are a lot of documents in our system withe the wrong mimetype (TREX doesnt find this documents) .

Are you also using cFolders??

Best Regards

Helmut Wenzler