cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the use of Source Partner function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can you please explain me the exact use of Source Partner Function in Partner Functions in procedures in Customizing.

Is it used to propose only sold to party partner function or any partner function from the master data of particular partner function.

I read SAP standard help but I got confused because of its example. It is as below.

Source partner function

Partner function which serves as an alternative source for determining the sold-to party.

Procedure

If you don't want the system to propose a partner from the sold-to party master record, enter another partner function here. The system will then propose the sold-to party from the master record of your partner function.

Example

If you enter WE (ship-to party) in this field for the function VE (sales employee), when you create the sales document, it determines the sold-to party from the VE partner function in the ship-to party's master document.

kindly reply. thanks in advance

sagar wagh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sagar,

While determining the partner functions you can define that particular partner should be determined from the source partner functions master data.

For example you want to determine the Freight forwarder and you want to make sure that this partner function should be proposed as per the ship to party then in customizing for freight forwarder partner function you will maintain the source as ship to party. Due to this customization when you will be creating the sales order for sold to party x and assume that for x you are having two different ship to party at two distinct locations. For these two locations you have different freight forwarder providing the services(one for each location). So to determine the right freight forwarder the above mentioned customizing will be required. Otherwise system will propose this partner function as per sold to and that will be same for all ship to.

Hope this example will help you to understand the usage of source in partner determination.

Thanks and regards,

Atul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much......my doubt is cleared

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sagar,

As per SAP Standard, Partner Functions are determined from Sold to party & it is accepted in most of the cases.

But some clients would like to determine partner functions from ship-to-party, then in this you have to change the Source partner function from Sold to party to Ship to Party.

To give you a real-life example, say you want to determine Person Responsible from Ship-to-Party & not from Sold to party.

Then in this case you have to mention source Partner Function as Ship-to-Party & not Sold-to-party.

Thus, the setting is a option given to determine the source Partner Function for other Partner Functions.

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta