cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to freely arrange elements on layout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am a starter in WDA.Whenever i create an element it is placed on layout on a predefined position.

How can i freely arrange UI Elements on layout wherever i want it to be.

Same as in any GUI tools - We just drag the element and drop it wherever i want it to be.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lalit,

UI elements need to be placed according to the layout selected. WDA provide 4 types of layouts to work with out which matix layout is recommended by SAP. With matix layout,if you want to place an UI element at the begining of a row, set its layout data property as matixhead data and if you want that the ui element to come after another, set its layout data as matix data.

Regards

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

This means WDA doesn't provide free movement of elements.

Say i want to keep a particular gap between two rows

as user always ask in same way - here should be this much gap , and there should be that much.

is it possible???

former_member40425
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To increase the gap b/w two rows. insert an invisible element and keep the height according to Your need.

Regards

Rohit

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In what so ever way to design the layout of the view, you always need to keep the layout into consideration. Moreover to create gap between two rows of UI element, you can insert an invisble element (between the two rows) in the view and adjust its height accordingly.

Refer this online help: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/23/e594413f4bad5fe10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Regards

Arjun

Edited by: Arjun Thakur on Apr 8, 2009 5:20 PM

former_member40425
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If You are using grid layout of container and use padding parameters(padding bottom, padding Top) of UI elements. Give the numeric values in that parameters.

I hope it helps.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> This means WDA doesn't provide free movement of elements.

Correct. Web Dynpro is flow layout based. This is different than fixed or pixel position based layout. Flow layout means that you can't assign UI elements to a specific postion of pixel coordinates on the user interface. On the other hand, it means that UI elements and flow to fill in the available space on the screen; often leading to a user interface that conforms better to different window sizes and client side resolutions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas Jung , for clarifying me that free movement of element is not possible , instead we have to design it using available elements .

Thanks Rohit and Arjun to provide specific solution.

former_member40425
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can change the position of UI elements by changing the layout of container(suppose matrix layout) and then change layoutdata property of your wish.

Like if You want to put any UI element in new line You can give as matrixheaddata.

You can use following link for Your reference.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/de/a61d2f64cb71428afd7c1d4a8f9497/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/47/af8841349e1909e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

I hope it helps.

Cheers,

Rohit

Edited by: Rohit Makkar on Apr 8, 2009 5:07 PM