cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Configuration Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am tryin alert configuration first time.

I am referring to https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00e97ba2-85ce-2b10-20bc-bc05cd17... this document which shows all the steps required for alert configuration very clearly.

I did exactly as it is given in document,

When i am testing the configuration with report ALRTCATDEF, I am gettin mail in mail box and Alert Inbox, but for testing with XI, i created few erors while sending message..but I didnt receved any mails..

Please suggest..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all ..

SXMSALERT_LOGREADER prog was really for me to know the exact problem.

What I did is,I Deleted all the message from tcode ALRTDISP. Then removed marked from supress multiple error of this rule. and now it is workin fine... Cheers

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you do the configuration in tcode SCOT ?

Ref. the document itself page 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeh i completed that step. after that only i was able to test with report RSALERTTEST.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope you have created the rule in alert configuration

also chk the logs of alerts in SLG1 for more details

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had not configured any thing in CCMS , i jst read one doc... that says some thing I need to setup in CCMS.

Is CCMS configuration mandatory of alert configuration?

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

also did u add the recipients?

ref:

Step 4 in this blog - /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

Additional ref: /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeh i had added recipient and after runnin report RSALERTTEST I am gettin mail on proper address... but it is not working with XI.. even if error occurs i dnt receive any mails..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it mandatory to configure end to end monitoring for using alert configuration??

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brijesh,

The reason why your alerts are not coming is because they are not being captured. Mark all the parameters in your rule as * (asterix).

Secondly the question you have asked is a million dollar question . Actually if your below SP14 then end to end monitoring is necessary if not no alerts.

Regards

joel

Former Member
0 Kudos
Is it mandatory to configure end to end monitoring for using alert configuration??

No.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joel,

I had marked all parameters in rule as * but still not workin.

SP level of my system is above 14

I think there is some problem with CCMS settings..that config i m checkin again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

CCMS configuration is not required for triggering an Alert.

madanmohan_agrawal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brijesh,

Make sure that "Suppress multiple alerts of this Rule" option has been unchecked in your alert rule.

You might be doing it but just check again that you are testing with a wrong file so that alerts will get generated.

Regards,

Madan Agrawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madan,

I unchecked "Suppress multiple alerts of this Rule" and tried again by giving wrong file and creating error. But then also it is not working.

Can you suggest how should i check to know exactly where the problem is..

madanmohan_agrawal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brijesh,

Have a look at the ST22 for dumps created by the user XIRWBUSER stating that the permission for RFC-Calls or for the function group SXMSALERT is missing. If that is the case, you probably have to generate again the roles and profiles for the XIRWBUSER.

Regards,

Madan Agrawal