cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication User

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am giving the XI webservice to the third party. To reach my webservice, they need Authorization. So I created a communication User for them.

But the problem is that, when the webservice is tested through XML spy using the same Login Credential, I am not getting an entry in the XI Pipeline.

If I am using the credentials of any other DIALOG User or SERVICE User, the Integration is successful.

Can any one please tell me the reason and the remedy, as we are supposed to use the COMMUNICATION User only.

Regards,

Subhendu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So you are using a SOAP sender right?

In this case make sure the user created had the role of XIAPPLUSER / PIAPPLUSER

If you look at this thread Mike specifies the exact role needed -

Former Member
0 Kudos

I added the roles for XIAPPLUSER, but it is still not working. Is it a problem , when we use a Communication User , because for users of all other type, it is running fine.

Regards,

Subhendu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to SAP Note 856597 on FAQs about SOAP adapter. You will find you answer here.

Regards

joel

Former Member
0 Kudos

The notes says 'The user must be assigned one of the following roles SAP_XI_IS_SERV_USER, SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER, SAP_XI_DEVELOPER_J2EE, SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR_J2EE. '.

I added each of the roles to my communication user. But still I acnt see a enrty in the pipeline, when I am using the login credential of the communication user. Is it a problem with the communication user, as it works fine for user of all other type.

Regards,

Subhendu

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

switch to a different user type then. Maybe its an issue with the communication user

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is definitely looks to be an issue with the user type. But to my knowledge, we should use Communication User for communication between systems without Dialog. Can you please throw light.

Regards,

Subhendu