Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with EPCM.doNavigate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have a problem here with navigation.

The code works fine in the dev portal, I hit the 'Enter' button and I'm taken to the appropriate page.

When I transfer to prod it doesn't work.

I hit the 'Enter' button and the 'homepage' loads, the default page after login.

Strange thing is though, I have a button beside an input field, if I click the button it all works fine but when I press the Enter button after making an entry in the input field (I have the button set as default) then the navigation takes me to the homepage and not the appropriate page.

So clicking the button works, but pressing 'Enter' when the button is the forms' default doesn't work. It navigates to the wrong place.

Has anyone faced similar problems, any ideas what it could be?

I'm all ears...

Best regards,

Patrick.

Message was edited by: Patrick O'Neill

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did u verify the path of the destination page? that could be the cause of the problem. If no such path exists,

you will be taken to the homepage of the portal.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

M.Subathra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yeah the paths are the same from dev to prod. I'd checked that in the morning.

I played around with it, played with onClientClick, onClick, played with this, played with that...... done a transfer and now it seems to be working.

Strange thing though, for a whiles it was working only on my client and nowhere else..... I think that was related to setJsObjectNeeded somehow. I'd set that true when I was using onClientClick and forgotten to remove it when I went back to onClick. It's so strange though that it worked on this machine and not on the others untill I removed the setJsObjectNeeded. Once I removed that it worked everywhere. Versions of IE I guess.

It seems to be sorted now anyhoos. Thanks for the contribution

Best regards,

Patrick.

Answers (0)