cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcode printing in Smartform(dynamic)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a requirement :- To create a report having Storage-bin & No/page in the selection screen.

The report needs to print all the Bar-code assigned to the storage-bin in the page.

i.e if we have Storage-bin = 5

No/page = 1

All the 5 barcodes would be printed in the same page with rotation = 000.

and

if we have Storage-bin = 5

No/page = 2

2 of the barcodes would be printed in the 1'st page with rotation = 090,

Other 2 of the barcodes would be printed in the 2'nd page with rotation = 090,

last 1 of the barcodes would be printed in the 3'rd page with rotation = 090.

My question:- ,wheather is it possible to fullfill the requirement.If yes ,how would we dynamically handle the size of barcode-windows.?

Can anybody help me out.

Thanks and regards

Dinesh behera

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I really dont know how these kind of requirements arise

Anyways after pondering over for a few minutes i seem to be some where close to the solution.

Basically you need to have two type of templates/ tables in your main window.

If we analyse your problem we have 2 different scenarios one being one page and the other being multiple pages.

The first one would be triggered if the number of pages is 1 so that you would be able to loop and print as many barcodes that would fit into that page.

For the second scenario, As per your question only 2 barcodes are printed per page that means this parameter vremains constant, so your template would be having 2 columns or rows and once that is printed , you would trigger the next page command which would call back the same page and the loop would continue. The only thing which you need to take care is the empty page which is triggered at the end, this can be controlled by using a counter and checking if the counter is not more than your no of barcodes.

But one thing i did not understand was the Rotation, what exactly did you mean by that.

I am not very sure if this really works as required but i feel you can try this.

Regards,

Ravi Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi.

For the first case : O/P

barcode = 'ABCDE'

For the secon case: O/P

Rotate the barcode by 90' .

Please help me out

Thanks for your response.

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

I am not sure if you would be able to achieve this but i can just give you an idea .

Normally when you have to vertically print your text elements, you need to call the command in the smartforms by right click -> create -> flow logic -> command. In this you need to specify the print control.This print control must be created by your basis person for vertical printing.

What a print control does is it changes the alignment of printing based on the input and starts printing as desired ie it sends a command to the printer for the desired kind of printing. So when your condition is satisfied you need to call this command and include the print control and when you want to resume horizontal printing, then you again need to call the command and specify 'RESET' which will reset the device to the default status and printing continues normally.

I guess this is going to be tough for you as it involves your basis team also, I had suggest you to give an alternative for what exactly is required.

Regards,

Ravi Kiran