Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deleting the request in ods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!

Yesterday i scheduled delta to an ods.

The delta load has not yet completed,but source system terminated.In monitor it was yellow,not confident that whether all the records are loaded and the sourcesystem terminated or not?

So forced the yellow request to red in moniter and i repeated the delta,now the delta run was finished with no errors.now i want to delete the previous request which was not completed due to soucesystem terminated.

since it is ods,if i delete the 2nd request,then the latest first request will also gets delete.and i load the latest request from psa.does my way of procedure is correct? or if do in this way will there b any problems occur?

and if i leave the red request without deleteing in data manage then what are the concequences we face?

kindly suggest me.its abit urgent

diya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi diya,

The way you requested the last delta was proper. and you can go ahead and delete the red request from the ODS and if the latest request also gets deleted, u can load it from PSA. But after doing this are you able to activate the ODS? just try activating and get back. You cannot keep the red request in the ODS as u can not activate it and all further request. So you got to delete that request. Let us know ur progress

sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you make a request in the ODS RED and then delete it from the ODS,the requests loaded later will activate without problems as the activation program will consider the RED request as invalid and not suitable for reporting.

cheers,

Vishvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishvesh,

The request in which shortdump has come,

in that request records are there in transfer records and added records(data manage).

will there b any problem if i delete that request.

regards

diya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diya,

I assume that there was a short dump in the source system for the 'Red' request. Since it was red request.. all the 'records' had included in the next delta ( which is green'). So ..now..

1) you can delete the old request.

2) If it has deleted the green request also ( which i do not think.. as it might have not got activated ) you can use the reconstruction tab to rebuild as AHP already mentioned.

the green request should have the 'old' red request records plus the new records.

regards,

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you'll have no probs. Don't forget reconstruction of the last green one.

/manfred

0 Kudos

hi Diya,

should no problem you delete the red/error request,

you can follow the steps i mentioned in previous reply.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please delete the RED request.You will see no issues.

cheers,

Vishvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks to all,

I deleted the red request,and reconstructed it.

no errors and no issues.

thanks and regards,

diya.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

dear Diya,

you cannot let the red request sit on ods, the consequence you may face is you won't be able to activate ods data and update to data target.

try to delete the red request and that one onward,

then go to tab 'reconstruction' and click on the last request - green, the good one, and click button 'reconstruct/insert' and go back to tab 'request', the last request should be running there, wait till finished.

hope this helps.