cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Packing

0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have maintained necessary settings for Automatic Packing.

1. Automatic Packing at Delivery Type

2. Packing Instructions

3. Packing Instruction Determination

In Delivery Document, Packing Proposal is getting captured & Expanded.

But still in the outbound delivery, I need to Exercise the option of Extras - Automatic Packing ( Ctrl+F3) in order to pack the items. HUMs are not getting generated automatically in the delivery.

Can you please guide me , if I have missed any setting.

Regards

Nikhil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Set the indicator for Automatic packing in the item category config.

Thanks

Funky Tech.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In OVHU2 Check whether for the delivery that you are using say 0002 Packaging procedure is assigned and also what is value for Minimum packing status should be 2.

So that when you try to pack material which i less than the quantity mentioned in the packing instruction then it is automatically packed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

At time of outbound delivery when I am trying to create HUM by selecting the material to be packed I am only getting the single level e.g.

In Packing Instruction I have maintained e.g:

1.Truck

2.Container

3.Pallet

4.Finished material

The logic is as follows:

60 bags will kept on one pallet

4 Pallets will packed in one 20 feet container

2 Container will be mounted on open top Trailer or truck.

but when i am selecting the finished material to process the packing am getting following mesage "Should system search for allowed packaging mat?" and it displaying all packing material such as pallets, container as well truck, but when I select any one of them am getting the message as material was packed, without giving me the second and third level of options which I have created packing instruction and at the same I have done the packing determination in POF1, kindly suggest if I have missed in my configuration.

Your prompt reponse will be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Parvez Khot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parvez,

If you have configured automatic packing then maintain the packing instruction using POP1 for all the packaging materials.

i.e. first you have to create the packing instruction for the highest level of packaging, here you enter your truck or trailer as the packing material & enter subordinate packing instruction 'I' then system will display a pop up window asking for do you want to create a sub-ordinate packing instruction. Like this maintain the multiple levels & give your highest level packing instruction in POF1 & then try.

Hope it will work.

If you are not using automatic packing then you have to manually enter the packaging material at the time of outbound delivery packing in the Pack HU's tab.

Hope its clear.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the Packing Transaction profile in SPRO/ Logistics/ HUM/ Automatic packing/ 0002 for outbound delivery/

There, the start automatically checkbox should be checked.

MdZ

0 Kudos

Dear MDZ,

Thanks for the reply.

It was Manitained already. Because of which packing Instruction is automatically expanded in Delivery but automatic packing is not happening.

Regards

Nikhil

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the batch number automatically determined for the delivery item to be packed? Are you using batch determination - if not please try with it...

I'm not sure whether this is the reason, but maybe it's worth a try.

Regards,

Csaba

0 Kudos

Dear All

Thank you very much for the help. The problem wa simple. It was in material master record.

Regards

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

If problem is ressolved, please mark the thread as "answered"