Did you mean: 

Logon not possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

In our environment our application server is(Application server is name

of server) is in clustering with Production server & both are in HA

environment.Both servers are up & running.Only problem is when user try

to login to Application server they get license check error.But sap* can login to appliacation server.When we tried fail over all resources got transferred to application server.But when both server are up & running it is not allowing users to login.Also we are getting error in tcode sick

like 'can't establish connection to message server'.

When we check using lgtst & msprot we did not get any result.

So how we can find where this message server connection is lost.

Guide us

Regards

Yogesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member187565
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

As you said "licenses are properly applied"check whether its a temporary licenses or permanent one.If its a temporary license key then you need to request for a new license.

Again you mentioned that when you run tcode sick you got "can't establish connection to message server".Check services file,on message server ,whether all file are running or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neo,

I have applied permanent license so no issue with temporary license.

Talking about sick tcode as you mentioned to check services file.

All port entries are maintained in services file including sapmsSID .

What else do I need to check?

Regards

Yogesh

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Enter the message server details into Application server services file.

sapmsSID 36<>

Also make sure the your license has been installed for Actual as well as Virtual host name.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash

Thanks for your suggestion.

This entries are already maintained in services file.

Regards

Yogesh

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Execute the RZ11 from CI and check the parameter name SAPMSHOST, it will give you the name of message server, is this the same you have enetered in the services file

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Subhash

SAPMSHOST will give us the hostname on which message server is running.

How is it related to services file entry.As I know we only mention servicename & port in the services file.

Regards

Yogesh

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Dear Subhash

>

> SAPMSHOST will give us the hostname on which message server is running.

> How is it related to services file entry.As I know we only mention servicename & port in the services file.

>

> Regards

> Yogesh

That's right this will give you the Host name where message server is running but SAP instance is running on Acutal host name or virtual host name, as you can see the error that it is not able to connect to msg server that means, there is some connunication gap between Application Server and Central Instance, that is the reason i asked you that check the same, and in services file usually we defined the message server details

sapmsSID 36SysNo Tcp/Ip

As i remeber we were face the same problem in our HA environemnt when we start SICK it gives that same error and the problem behind that we are running SAP on virtual host name and its trying to connect to actual host name, so we changed the profile parameter as well as the services file

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Subhash,

In my services file the entry for sapmssid is same as you have mentioned in your reply.

If possible can you provide me details of profile parameters which you have changed & also services file entries.

Regards

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Subhash ,

As you faced the same problem in you environment I request you to guide me or provide me the changes which you made in your environment to resolve the problem.

Regards

Yogesh Cheulkar

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Yogesh for late reply, i could not saw your reply. Well it was very old case and i dont remebber exactly what i did. You can check these things

We are running our HA system in the virtual host ecprdascsclu so this is the paraemter name of host in Default profile

rdisp/mshost=ecprdascsclu (ASCS host )

rdisp/msserv=sapmsREP

Instance profile

SAPLOCALHOST=ecprdciclu (CI on virtual)

but i dont remeber exactly, you you have to figure it out by yourself. I am sure it is some communication error that means it is not able to connect to message server, so you have to explore the solution

Regards,

Subhash

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you installed SAP license on your Application server? I suggest you to please install it first then try accessing the application server.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi faisal

License is already installed

Regards

Yogesh

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yogesh,

I believe there is something wrong in the profiles of Application Server. I suggest you to please check them.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

What are the parameters do we need to check in profiles.?

Regards

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal / Subhash

Waiting for your response.

Regards

Yogesh

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yogesh,

Sorry for the delay. I believe the Application Server is referring to some wrong SID or the installed license is not in accordance with the details of Application Server.

I had faced the same problem while system refresh. When I checked, I could find that in profiles, it was referring to other system's SID. After changing this, I could successfully, log into the system.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal ,

Thanks for your interest.

My dear friend I have mentioned in my query that this is HA environment.So SID of both production & application server is same.Also Licenses are properly applied.When we tried failover everything is working fine but when both servers are in active - active mode Application server is not allowing users other than sap* to login.(please refer to my query)

Please suggest some other solution.

Regards

Yogesh