cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prompting failed in crystal report 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Created a report in Crystal Report 9 with several dynamic paremeters. It works well.

when open the report from Crystal Report 2008, and print prview, get the following error:

Prompting failed with the following error message: ''.

Error source: Error code: 0x80004003.

We have to use Crystal report 2008 in place of Crystal report 9.

Any help appreciated .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tests:

1. Can you check whether this happens for only this report or any report which uses these parameters.

2. Can you check the same on any other machine

Possibilities:

1.report is corrupted

2.the drive on which CR 2008 is installed may have been infected by virus(I have seen a similar issue earlier and formatting / fresh installation of software did the trick).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your all kindly help.

I found the problem is the null name sub-report. In crystal report 9, it allowed. But in crystal report 2008, it forbidden.

When I add the name of sub-report, the report runs well.

This issue has been resloved. But I cannot log on the first account. So cannot change the status about this thread.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try recreating the static parameters in CR2008 by deleting the existing parameters?

Regards,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

I remove the static value and run, it run well. But when I recreate them, it also error...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try installing the latest service pack for crystal 2008 and try refreshing the report to verify whether it helps!

Regards.

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Thanks for your advice. I installed service pack 0. But not found service pack 1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Here is how you can troubshoot,

1)before executing the report, try to open a particular parameter and check if you are able to see the dynamic values.

May be, the dtabase field which the dynamic parameter used will not be avaialbel or need some changes.

2) create a new dynamic parameter and see how it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help.

1. I made a mistake. They are all static values. Not dynamic values

2. The reports include some sub-reports. A sub-report has one parameter, I test this sub-report, it works ok. Then I delete the other parameters and run. Also got the error message said "Prompting failed".

I don't know if this is an crystal report 2008 bug.

I searched about Crystal report XI found similar bug and BO provide patch to fix this problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can try with this

- Open the report in Crystal Reports 2008.

- Click on File -> Save As -> Save it with a different name and location.

- Now try refreshing the report.

Hope this helps!!

Regards

Sourashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately not work. Thank you for your advice.