cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Preview Shows 2 Pages - Physical Print overlap as 1 Page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

My issue is similar to another issue posted to forum, but not yet answered.

I'm working on smartforms, page format is z10_12, for DOT MATRIX printer.

The print preview shows 2 pages, but physical print overlap as 1page.

I tried a few options to correct the problem, instead of using same page as 'NEXT PAGE', i'm using 2 pages in smarforms, with page 2 set as next page for page 1. But still it is overlapping on same page.

Kindly help me in solving this problem.

Thanks.

Ushma.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for your replies.

The problem was in coding for the page format used for smartforms.

I was using ,an already, created page format for my smartforms. The printer setting for the page format in tr. code SPAD was not done.

The page format coding sould be done for the printer initialization, end of page, end of line etc. like ( # no action, \f , \n etc. )

Regards.

Ushma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess that was what i told

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

Thanks. Sorry , if i could'nt respond to your help properly. At the place where i work , it is done by apaper, i mean we did'nt involved basis team. Since you could'nt site the place , to put the code, i did'nt rewarded you. I'll do it now. But i appreaciate your response to my problem.

Ushma.

Edited by: Ushma Jain on Apr 10, 2009 7:16 AM

Edited by: Ushma Jain on Apr 10, 2009 7:17 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ushma,

Relax, i did not ask for points ,

Just wanted to let you know that i too had told the same.

And since it requires a basis guy , i did not mention the tcode, it is done in SPAD .

Sorry if anywhere i was rude.

Regards,

Ravi Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

It is fine, and you were not rude.

Since it is policy to award points , i have done so.

I appreaciate your efforts and help to solve my problem.

Regards.

Ushma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ushma

I am facing the same problem . what code you included and where?

Your help is verymuch appreciated.

Thanks&Regards,

karthikeyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ushma,

The role of an ABAPer is mostly limited till the print preview, after that if the spool generation needs to be changed then only we come into picture.

In your case as i see you would need to talk to your basis consultant and explain to him that since the preview is coming in 2pages, the printout should also come in 2 pages as from there on standard SAP functionality runs.

To give you a further insight, there are certain settings which a basis consultant does for the Output type and page formats like at what height the page should skip etc etc. Please ask your Basis team to help you out.

Regards,

Ravi Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

For this u need to declare an variable i of integer type with 1 as initial value.

For every pass of table u need to create a command in begining of every table pass for the next page

and in the condition tab of command node u need to givr condition i > 1. and at the end of table pass u need to increment i by 1. This will not overlap the data on pages and u will get the desired no. of pages.

This problem we also faced, but by the above solution it got rectified.

Edited by: vijetasap on Apr 8, 2009 12:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think second page is not required. if required give second page as next page for first page and make it sure to have data to display on second page.