cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static Portal Content Area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to divide the portal content area into two parts, say, top and bottom. The top has three dropdowns and upon selecting a value(s) another application should appear in the bottom, which in turn has various screens. While working on various screens in the bottom, the top part should not change. The bottom part should change only on change in selecting top part. I have tried with placing two IView in a two pages and top iView firing the other. Is there any other option to make part of portal content area as static and others to change? Any solution to solve this issue?

Srinivasan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can achieve that using EPCF.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a9/76bd3b57743b09e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Client-Side Eventing

Purpose

The Enterprise Portal Client Framework (EPCF) provides an infrastructure for scripting used in iViews and by the portal.

To keep the application design simple and maintain compatibility to different browsers, Web applications usually avoid scripting. However, there are tasks that make it necessary to use scripting, such as:

· Increasing user acceptance for example with context sensitive entry helpers

· Enhancing response time of the application for example through validation of input values

When a business application uses more than one iView, you need the EPCF service to transfer data between the iViews. The EPCF service provides:

· Mechanisms for eventing between iViews.

· A Java object, called a client data bag, that serves as transient data buffer on the browser.

The EPCF implementation itself is based on JavaScript and Java applets.

Hope this help,

regards,

José

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I could not carry out the first option suggested by you, due to following:

I am using EP 6.0, in which I could not change the isolation at iView level. I could make it for a page.

Reg. the second option, I need the dropdowns as a separate application, which can be used to call multiple applications. It should remain static at the portal content area.

I tried placing both the iViews in a page and could get the value by portal eventing / portal navigation. How can i make the iView2 to appear only on firing from iView1, thus making both to appear later.

Srini

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

I would think you could:

• Set the isolation property to URL for the iView to change and to Embedded for the one that will not.

• Create a Web Dynpro iView, in which you have a top and bottom viewset, and control the UI that way.

Hope this helps.

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmmm....almost seems like you have to call the portal from a framed web page, using frameset tags. On the top frame, you can place the menu and on the bottom frame, you can have the Portal and any other web application.

Try this:

Create an index.html file for the main page and place the following inside of it:

<FRAMESET rows="120,*" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" framespacing=0 frameborder=no border=0>

<FRAME marginwidth="0" marginheight="15%" name="top" src="topMenu.html" scrollbars=no scrolling=no frameborder=no border=0>

<FRAME marginwidth="0" marginheight="85%" name="main" src="http://PortalServer:50000/irj/portal" frameborder=no border=0>

</FRAMESET>

You'll have to create the topMenu.html file with the menu in it.