cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practice SAP landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I would like to know if there is some kind of best practice regarding SAP landscape in a big company.

For example is it recommended to have in the landscape a SAP Quality Assurance System open for customizing (transaction SCC4) so that quick customizing tests are performed at any moment, instead of customizing in Development system and then transports in QaS. (this can be very frustrating because for solving and testing an issue it's possible that numerous customizing tasks and reset of customzing is neccessary) ?

How SAP compliant would this solution be?

Thank you very much for your help!

Daniel Nicula

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hkaur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

The best practice is to have separate Dev, Quality and Production system and do all the customizating first in Dev before transporting it to QAS for testing. I am not sure if your question is specific to GRC solutions; but I can say that for GRC solutions(Specifically AC), you can go ahead and install directly in QAS also and perform all the customizing tasks in QAS.

Regards

Harleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmmm, I do not know exactly if the question can be posed here in GRC related threads.

But it seemed to me that it is somehow connected.

Anyway, I agree with you that final customizing should be done in DEV and then transported in QAS.

What i am not sure is if it is against SAP recommendations to have a QAS opened for customizing and try all the solutions for an issue. And in the end when you are sure of what you want to do and to obtain, then you do the customizing also in DEV and follow the normal transport route.

Which can be the risks in case you have a QAS opened for customizing?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my opinion, the purpose of QAs system is ensure final test before transporting to Productuion. In addition, especially in bigger solution where mutiple companies using the same client, Business owners must conduct regression testing before sending any customization to production.

Because of this reason, it is important to keep QAS exactly the same as prodcution and customization should not be allowed.

Regards

Sohaib

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks, this is what I wanted to know.

But, one more question, if I may, what exactly is regression testing?

Daniel

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Regression testing is when you test every every scenario for your organization, usually done after a support pack installation, to uncover any bugs in the new support pack installation.

Ankur

SAP GRC RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok, thank you very much for your answer!

Answers (0)