cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Precalculation Server Encounters "Run Time Error 5"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

This is a very strange issue that I have been facing for quiet some time now. I have loaded precalculation service on an HP machine. It works fine there, without any problems. Right now I am using this precalculation machine to broadcast workbooks.

However, when I load the same precalculation server onto say an IBM machine, with same configuration, same OS, and Same softwares installed as that on the HP machine, it gives me an error. The error is,

"Run time error 5"

If I check the logs in RSRD_LOG, the following appears.

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800A005B): Exception from

HRESULT: 0x800A005B at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateB Binding.

LateGet(Object o, Type objType, String nam , Object[] args, String[] paramnames,

Boolean[] CopyBack) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLa ateBinding.LateGet(

Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames,

Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack) at com.sap.bi.et.precalculation.BexExcelPrecDll l.StartCalc(Exception& eException, String& eTrace, String iVariant, DataTable iVarTable)

Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A005B at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateB Binding.LateGet(Object o, Type objType, String nam, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack)

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)

at com.sap.bi.et.precalculation.BexExcelPrecDll l.StartCalc(Exception& eException, String& eTrace, String iVariant, DataTable iVarTable)

Precalclulation in thread 4failed.

Cannot precalculate workbook 4CZ0S6346GO7ANGDAO198MQ11

I have tried every possible search on this issue. but I am not able to solve this problem. All the prerequisites for the precalculation server to function properly are met (.NET 2.0 and latest versions.)

The precalculation Service I am using is also the latest one.

This problem is not only with one machine but with all the machines except for one that I am using currently for precalculation of workbooks. Can anyone help me out of this issue.

any help would really be appreciated.

Regards,

Sree.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plz people, if any one knows answer to this or has faced a similar issue, plz post

Regards,

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this Note 1298788.

Regards

Pcrao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PC rao,

The following is best combination for precalculation server to work ideally.

1) .NET Framework 2.0 SP2

2) Microsoft Office 2003.

3) SAP Gui 710. Patch 11

4) BEx 7.0 or BEx 3.x

5) BI Addon (bi710sp08p_801-10004472.exe)

6) BW Addon (bw350gui710_5-10004473.exe)

7) Precalc server (xPreCalServer08_1-10004472.msi)

This issue is solved.

Thanks anyways for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

I have the same configuration as you mentioned. But still I am getting same error, do you have any idea?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Use the latest of the precalculation server version along with BI and BW addons. (Make sure everything is installed in the same chronological order as mentioned in this post earlier). Also, I would recommend u to use WinServer 2003 while installing the latest of the Precalc Server.

It should solve your issue.

rgds,

Sreekul Nair,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just experienced same error message as described by Sree on a freshly installed XP server.

These are my findings....

Problem appears to be caused by the Logon Account defined on the Logon Tab for the 'SAP BW Precalculation Service'.

Initially, I followed the instruction from the 'SAP BW Precalculation Service Installation guide - V2.0 - Feb 17 2009 Where it is suggested to set log on as....'Local System Acct' + tick Allow Service to interact with user account.

I think the problem lies with Excel 2007 which prompts for a Username when Excel is launched the first time.

As soon as I changed the Logon details to my Domain Username and password, the problem disappeared.

Not wanting to set my username in the service.....I created a new account ...(password set to 'not expire'), and used it in the Precalc service. Again the error message appeared.

I then logged on to the server with the new account and lauched Excel 2007. Was prompted to enter a username in Excel. This appeared to be an 'MS-Office' thing. After doing this, started the Precalc service and did not experience further errors.

Also found this document to be quite useful, especially the section that explains how the run the precalc in console mode......

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30e3d697-4ca0-2c10-4b81-c474b1490...

Hope this help.