cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Budget Across Projects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have 2 projects in my sceanario. One is parent and the other one is child project. Budget is at the 1st level WBSE of Parent project and cost is inccuring at the 2nd level WBSE of the child project.

How can I assign and control assigned costs at the top level of Parent WBSe with controls on budget check.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear saqib,

As per my understanding from your question is that you have two separate projects each having separate WBSE. You require the control over budget of one WBSE from parent project where as cost is getting incurred at WBSE from the second project.

In that case you have to settle the WBSE where cost is getting incurred to the top level WBSE from parent project. Also apply the similar budgeting controls at both the WBSE (from parent and child Project).

For settling the cost the projects required to have settlement profile (with settlement allowed to WBS elements). Also settlement rule is required to enter in WBS element with account assignment category as WBS and in settlement receiver should be the top level wbs element of parent project.

regards,

Sudhir kesarkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Maintain ur budget on Top level WBS only. Not at bottom level. Then system can control the expense amount of level 2 WBS with refeence to budget amount of level 1.

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually both are separate projects. Level 1 of Parent project and level 2 of child project.

Budget entered at parent project. Now budget is activated in entire parent project how can be child project wbses should be activated for budgetory controls.

Former Member