Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Adapter: Pick from shared folder in a domine network

vijay_kumar133
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

Is there any possibility for picking the file by using NFS from a shared folder. the Shared folder system is also in same domain. If so please give me what the prerequisites for the same to be configured.

like host file entries. port opening.....

Regards

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think what you have in mind would materialize .

If you want to use NFS protocol, then the file needs to be within the a folder in the XI server and not outside it, In your case if you need to use the file in a different machine which is on a network then try to use the FTP protocol.

Refer this blog:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/08/01/along-came-a-file-adapter-mr-ftp-and-rest-of-the-gang which shows the details of how you can install a local FTP and use it

Regards,

joel

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NFS is only when you need to access file on the XI server itself.

In case you can try to mount the shared folder on to XI server it may work. Never tried but just a thought

Else use FTP to connect - /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/08/01/along-came-a-file-adapter-mr-ftp-and-rest-of-the-gang

vijay_kumar133
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

thanks a lot. If we create a Active Directory Account and with password .

Can we access the file.

So that i can confirm to business the only mean to access a file is FTP no other options are available.

Regards

Vijay

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi ,

>

> thanks a lot. If we create a Active Directory Account and with password .

> Can we access the file.

> So that i can confirm to business the only mean to access a file is FTP no other options are available.

>

>

> Regards

> Vijay

the simple thing is that you need to have the folder on the xi server if you have to use NFS to access it.

Else FTP would be the choice. I am not sure how it would act in case you are able to mount the external folder on to the XI server. As somebody from your network team if thats a possibility and try to access it via NFS else you will have to go for FTP only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have used the File Adapter to write files to a network location using the UNC name e.g.

ServerName\DirName

This is on a windows based environment. I would assume that give it is possible to do a write this way it is also possible to do a read.

Thanks

Damien