cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function syntax for validation expression

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know where I can find the syntax for the Functions that are available in the Validation Expression dialog box in the Validations tab of Data Manager?

I could not find anything in the help.sap.com/saphelp_mdmgds55. The only hint is that they are Excel like. One function in MDM is FIND, but the syntax in Excel is different than the syntax in MDM.

EXCEL Syntax

-

FIND(find_text,within_text,start_num)

- Find_text is the text you want to find.

- Within_text is the text containing the text you want to find.

- Start_num specifies the character at which to start the search.

In MDM, it's

-

FIND(within_text,find_text)<optional qualifier>

e.g. FIND(FieldA,"A")=2

this states: Find the string "A" in FieldA and test if it was found in position 2 (returns True or False)

Anyway, if you know where I can find the syntax for all the functions - that would be very helpful and appreciated and would save a lot of trial and error time.

with best regards,

Orlando

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orlando,

There is an article about validations. Please have a look at it.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2c24c09c-0601-0010-8ba4-a01...

If you are unable to open the above link. Please type MDM validation in SDN Home page.

Even I haven't seen any doc based on validations except the above one.

But In the validation expression dialog, by selecting the function, it will give u some kind of idea like how many arguements does it take and etc. I am sure the above article will def help u to quick start on how to use functions in validation expression dialogs.

Thanks and Regards

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Subbu for your help!

Orlando